The Sunflower Communicator
January 21, 2021 Volume 11 Number 3
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
Good Afternoon <<First Name>>
- CIF Notice
- Leash Law Reminder
- Reservation for Amenities
- COVID Vaccine
- Tech Club
- Crowne West Land Group
1. CIF NOTICE:
What: Town halls presenting the Community Improvement Fund (CIF) proposed project.
When: February 3rd and 6th at 6:00pm.
Where: Rear patio and via Zoom. 50 people maximum in person. Social distancing and masks required.
Why: Educate, inform and answer questions about the project.
Who: Your Board of Directors as represented by Tom Howlin.
How: Come relive outdoor theater as we present on the big screen on the rear patio.
2. LEASH LAW REMINDER: Please remember pets need to remain on a leash and controlled by the owners at all times. Per Arizona's Leash Law (A.R.S. § 11-1012) restricts, if and when a pet owner may allow his or her dog to roam off-leash. The universal law aims to help citizens feel safer while walking around the public areas, such as parks and fields.
3. RESERVATION FOR AMENITIES: Please remember to register online at sunflowerliving.com (under "Resident Information") to reserve your time for the pool, fitness center, tech room and billiards.
We ask that you please refrain from coming in early or staying past your time slot. This will ensure that we have adequate time to sanitize the areas and are not taking the time of the next group. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we ensure the safety of all Sunflower Residents.
4. COVID VACCINES: Pima County has moved people 75 and older to Phase 1B distribution from Phase 1C and began vaccinating the large population of the Phase 1B group on January 15th. Online and phone reservations should be available.
NOTE: You will need to register on the Pima County website, not the State of Arizona website.
Visit SF website at sunflowerliving.com WHAT's NEW>Announcements for additional information.
"People who want to get vaccinated and have signed up with the State Health Department must also sign up with the Pima County Health Department."
5. TECH CLUB: The Tech Club in conjunction with the CORE Team is willing to provide limited help with making COVID vaccine appointments. We have reserved the Tech Lab for Saturday, January 23rd from 10am-12pm.
Please make sure to bring your medical insurance and Medicare card. We have laptops, but it will be helpful if you bring your own. If you do not have a laptop, come anyway.
For everyone's safety, wearing your face mask and social distancing are still in effect and MANDATORY!
There will be a signup at the Center, but it is on a first come first serve basis. Direct any questions to Anita Howard (520) 404-1350.
6. CROWNE WEST LAND GROUP: In December the Sunflower Board was informed that the KB Homes land development was taken over by Crowne West Land Group. This matter was discussed at the December Board meeting and Dave Hausman, board member, was appointed as the board liaison in this matter. At January's open Board meeting Dave informed attendees that no requests for changes to land development have been filed with the county, at this time. Since this is a complicated matter, we have also enlisted Sunflower's legal counsel who is the contact between the Board and Crowne West. During the holidays, a formal letter was sent by legal counsel to Crowne West and no response has been received at this time. The Board will keep residents informed as information becomes available.
7. BOARD MEETING DATES: The Board had approved to move the Board of Directors monthly meetings to the 3rd Wednesday of the month, starting in February. The next BOD Meeting will be held on February 17, 2021 at 10:00am via Zoom. Additional information will be sent out as the date approaches.
Sent to 763 Subscribers
Please do not reply to this email.
You may send comments or questions