The Sunflower Communicator
December 17, 2020 Volume 10 Number 48
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
Good Afternoon <<First Name>>:
- Holiday Dinner Box
- Charter Clubs
- Landscape Committee
- Holiday Hours
- Genealogy Club
- Primavera Foundation
1. HOLIDAY DINNER BOX: This holiday season, the CORE program is happy to announce, they will be providing holiday dinner boxes to residents in need. This year has been harsh for all, but more difficult for some over the holidays. To spread some holiday cheer, if you would like to receive a food box or know of a neighbor in need, please reach out to your community manager, Andrea Eisenhauer at email at email@example.com. Your contact information will be confidential.
2. CHARTER CLUBS: At the December Board meeting the Board members approved the 'freezing' of club charter requirements (i.e.: elections, officer requirements, account balances, etc.) for 1 year. This allows charter clubs to remain 'as is during COVID and the inability for all member to meet safely in person and conduct club business.
3. LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE: We wanted to brighten up the planters at the entrance of our community for the holidays, and hope you are enjoying the changes! December is not the best time for flowering plants, but with the help of Carianne Campbell of Strategic Habitat Enhancements, we managed to find some colorful plant materials that will eventually provide flowers year-round. The new plants are desert adapted and have low water requirements. Most are free of potentially harmful pesticides, fungicides and herbicides. Research is showing that the use of chemicals during the life cycle of some plant species may be contributing to the decline of butterfly species such as the Monarch butterfly, and may be contributing to collapse of bee colonies. Thanks to the Brightview Landscaping crew for installing the plants.
4. HOLIDAY HOURS: With the holiday season approaching. The Village Center will be closing early Thursday, December 24th at 2:00pm and will be closed Friday, December 25th for Christmas. The Village Center will also be closing early on Thursday, December 31st at 2:00pm and will be closed Friday, January 1st for New Years. The pool and fitness center will also follow the same schedule. Happy Holidays!
5. GENEALOGY CLUB: 2021 Membership Drive is NOW open! Major benefit is Mentors (Coaches) will guide you to start your research or research hurdles. Mentoring sessions are available via Zoom or one on one with social distancing and masks. Library has maps, information on all Countries and a dedicated computer. Membership fee $15. Obtain Application form at Center's Front Desk. Details-call David Vanosdoll, 843-345-4744.
6. THE PRIMAVERA FOUNDATION: The organization is in need of the following: • Foot Powder (any size) • Socks • Feminine Hygiene items • General Hygiene items • Canned Food (w/pop top lids if possible) • Used, empty prescription bottles (labels removed). *No clothing at this time* *No perishable food* Please place items in the Primavera box outside the front entrance of the Village Center. Thanks for your donation.
Sent to 764 Subscribers
Please do not reply to this email.
You may send comments or questions