The Sunflower Communicator
December 3, 2020 Volume 20 Number 46
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
Good Afternoon <<First Name>>;
- Landscape Committee
- Pickleball Club
- Genealogy Club
- Yoga Club
- Tech Club
- Strength & Balance
- Stretch & Tone
- 2020/2021 Directories
- The Primavera Foundation
- Art Wall
- Compliance Reminder
- Board Meeting
1. Landscape Committee: The Sunflower Landscaping Committee will meet December 15th at 10 am due to the holidays. Members can meet on the back patio, or use Zoom. Residents are welcome to join via Zoom.
2. Pickleball Club: All current Pickleball Club members and those who are wanting to become members who missed the meeting, please pay your annual Pickleball Club dues at the Sunflower Center front desk. You will need to fill out a new information form and pay $10.00 BY CHECK.
The Morning Pickleball is changing hours beginning on 12/7/20. Starting time will be 9:00am until further notice. We will be playing from 9:00a.m. to 11:00a.m. Monday through Saturday. This change in hours effects all morning pickleball players.
If the evening pickleball players would like to change their hours to an earlier time, please contact me either by email or phone (520-797-0349).
We are taking orders for new T-Shirts. I am waiting on samples to be printed so you can see them before you order.
3. Genealogy Club: Genealogy Club's 2021 Membership Drive is NOW open! Join now for $15 through Dec 2021. Major benefit is Mentors will guide you to get your research started or get over research hurdles. Mentoring Sessions are held Mondays, 2-4pm (social distancing and masks). Obtain application form at Community Center Front Desk. Contact David Vanosdoll, 843-345-4744 for details.
4. YOGA CLUB: FREE Yoga classes MWF classes will meet from 11-12PM on the back patio of the Clubhouse. We will not meet December 25th. Covid-19 waiver required. Please bring all of your own equipment. Call Leslie Parr with any questions at 297-4833.
5. TECH CLUB: URGENT NEED. The tech club needs three new officers for the new year or it will lose its charter and assets. Please consider running for those spots. Call Tim Walter with questions or to get on the ballot. 520.775.0222. Elections will be held 12/16.
6. STRENGTH & BALANCE: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Fridays. First class started Friday, November 13th. This will be held outside on the back patio. There is no fee. You must bring your own weights, proximity card and have a signed COVID-19 Waiver. If you have any questions, please call Marlene at 572-2554.
7. STRETCH & TONE: The Stretch and Tone class on the patio is changing starting time from 8:30 to 9:30. The class will be 9:30-10:30 beginning Tuesday.
8. 2020/2021 DIRECTORIES: You may pick up one (1) free directory per household. If you want another one the charge is $1.00. The directories are for residents only.
9. THE PRIMAVERA FOUNDATION: The organization is in need of the following: • Foot Powder (any size) • Socks • Feminine Hygiene items • General Hygiene items • Canned Food (w/pop top lids if possible) • Used, empty prescription bottles (labels removed)
*No clothing at this time* No perishable food* Please place items in the Primavera box outside the front entrance of the Village Center. Thanks for your donation.
10. ART WALL: We have a display up, after many months of a blank wall, quilts from the Quilt Club. As always, the work is beautiful. They have switched out their quilts since they also have the month of December. They will have a phone number on the quilts that are available for purchase. Please come into the Village Center to view, but remember to bring your proximity card and scan in. You must also have a signed WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (COVID-19).
11. Compliance Reminders: If you have not yet removed your political signs, please do so. Per the guidelines within the community political signs are restricted. We are also past the date of the state statue which is 3 days past the election. Additional Flag reminder, only a standard 3 foot x 5 foot American Flag, Military Flag, POW/MIA flag, Arizona State Flag, Gadsden Flag, and/or Arizona is permitted.
12. Board Meeting: The next Board Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 9th at 10:00am, directly followed by an Executive Session. This will be conducted via Zoom. Additional information will be sent later this week for login.
Sent to 769 Subscribers
Please do not reply to this email.
You may send comments or questions