The Sunflower Communicator
November 19, 2020 Volume 10 Number 45
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
Good Afternoon <<First Name>>,
- Landscape Committee
- Pickleball Club
- Genealogy Club
- Yoga Club
- Strength & Balance
- 2020/2021 Directories
- The Primavera Foundation
- Thanksgiving Pie
- Art Wall
- Compliance Reminder
- Holiday Schedule
1. Landscape Committee: The Sunflower Landscaping Committee will meet December 15th at 10 am due to the holidays. Members can meet on the back patio, or use Zoom. Residents are welcome to join via Zoom.
2. Pickleball Club: All current Pickleball Club members and those who are wanting to become members who missed the meeting on Sunday, please pay your annual Pickleball Club dues at the Sunflower Center front desk. You will need to fill out a new information form and pay $10.00.
We elected officers at Sunday's meeting. President – Terri Lackey; Vice President – Billy Lackey; Secretary – Tim Lardy and Treasurer – Danielle Lardy.
We are taking orders for new T-Shirts. They will be grey, short-sleeved and a blend of 65% Polyester 35% Cotton. Payment will be due when you receive your shirt. Please call me or come by my house if you are interested in buying a new shirt. I will turn in the order on December 4, 2020. My number is 520-797-0349.
3. Genealogy Club: Genealogy Club's 2021 Membership Drive is now open! Join in November 2020 and get 14 months for $15.00 and December 2020 get 13 months for $15.00. Obtain application forms at the Village Center Front Desk. Contact David Vanosdoll, 843-345-4744 for details. Mentoring Sessions are available Mondays, 2-4pm (social distancing). Contact Mary at 651-492-1919 for scheduling.
4. YOGA CLUB: FREE Yoga classes MWF classes will meet from 11-12AM on the back patio of the Clubhouse as of November 23, 2020. We will not meet November 25th and December 25th. Covid-19 waiver required. Please bring all of your own equipment. Call Leslie Parr with any questions at 297-4833.
5. STRENGTH & BALANCE: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Fridays. First class started Friday, November 13th. This will be held outside on the back patio. There is no fee. You must bring your own weights, proximity card and have a signed COVID-19 Waiver. If you have any questions, please call Marlene at 572-2554.
6. 2020/2021 DIRECTORIES: You may pick up one (1) free directory per household. If you want another one the charge is $1.00. The directories are for residents only.
7. THE PRIMAVERA FOUNDATION: The organization is in need of the following: • Foot Powder (any size) • Socks • Feminine Hygiene items • General Hygiene items • Canned Food (w/pop top lids if possible) • Used, empty prescription bottles (labels removed)
*No clothing at this time* No perishable food* Please place items in the Primavera box outside the front entrance of the Village Center. Thanks for your donation.
8. Thanksgiving Pie: If you know of an elderly neighbor who is alone or isolated that may enjoy a Thanksgiving pie, let The Watermark know and they will deliver a fresh baked pie, following safety guidelines, from their kitchens at The Watermark at Continental Ranch. Call 520-789-6690. When you call, we will ask the name of the individual, address and phone so we can call and arrange for the most appropriate way to deliver the pies, so they are comfortable.
9. ART WALL: We have a display up, after many months of a blank wall, quilts from the Quilt Club. As always, the work is beautiful. They will be switching out their quilts since they also have the month of December. They will have a phone number on the quilts that are available for purchase. Please come into the Village Center to view, but remember to bring your proximity card and scan in. You must also have a signed WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (COVID-19).
10. Compliance Reminder: If you have not yet removed your political signs, please do so. Per the CC&Rs within the community political signs are restricted. We are also past the date of the state statue which is 3 days past the election.
11. Holiday Schedule: With the holiday season fast approaching. The Village Center will be closing early on Wednesday, November 25th we will be closed at 2:00pm and will be closed Thursday, November 26th for Thanksgiving. The pool and fitness center will also follow the same schedule.
Please do not reply to this email.
You may send comments or questions