The Sunflower Communicator
|October 15, 2020||Volume 10, Number 41|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday :
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Call for Information
Current Number of Subscribers: 772
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ARC (Architectural Review Committee): Is looking for new members. Please download this FORM and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
2. ASSESSMENTS: Were mailed out September 1, 2020. You may drop off your payment at the front desk. Payments must be by personal check and written to Sunflower Community Association.
3. BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION: If you have an e-mail address with the Sunflower Community Association, you received your electronic ballot in your inbox on Monday, October 5th. It is labeled “Sunflower Community Association – 2020 Board of Directors Election” and would show coming from email@example.com. Please open this e-mail and vote for no more than three (3) of the Board candidates. Voting closes on Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
4. COVID-19 WAIVERS TO USE THE CENTER: Have been emailed to residents. They can also be found online HERE. The waiver online is fillable. You can print it, fill it out and drop it off in the box at the front of the Village Center or download it using Acrobat Reader and email to Janice.Brown@fsresidential.com
Lori.Chase@fsresidential.com or Nicolette.Kaplan@fsresidential.com.
5. COMMUNITY YARD SALE: Sign up at the Village Center for the Saturday, October 24th Yard Sale. There is a $5.00 fee to defray the cost of maps, signage, and advertising. The deadline for signing up is Tuesday, October 20th.
6. ELECTRONIC BALLOT OPTION FOR VOTING USING A PAPER BALLOT:
Homeowners who received the electronic ballot in their e-mail, but prefer to vote using a paper ballot may do so at the Voting Table provided by the Election Committee by requesting a paper ballot using their proximity card with their name and lot number on it during the following days/times at the Village Center:
• Tuesday, October 20th 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Craft Room
• Thursday, October 22nd 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. outside the Village Center Front Door (Village Center will be closed).
7. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Is looking for additional members. If interested please download this FORM, fill it out and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
8. FITNESS CLUB: Margo will begin leading Stretch and Tone classes on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. on the back patio. You will need your own stretch bands, ball and hand weights. You will also need a signed COVID waiver on file and your fitness club membership card. No punch cards will be needed. Beginning date is Tuesday, October 20th.
9. FROM THE ELECTION COMMITTEE: There has been a lot of discussion about the election due to 1 candidate requesting that his name be withdrawn as a candidate. By the time that request came in, the electronic ballot was finalized and on its way to being sent out via e-mail and the printed ballot was being printed and ready to mail so that candidate’s name could not be withdrawn from the ballots. The Association did seek legal advice and was informed that we have met the obligations for the correct number of candidates running for the open positions. The election will proceed and the original timeline followed. The electronic and paper ballot voting will close on Sunday, Nov. 9th at 5:00 p.m. The Election Committee encourages everyone to vote and “attend” the annual meeting via Zoom on Tuesday, Nov. 10th at 6:00 p.m. at which time the Election Committee will report the results.
10. LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE MEMBERS NEEDED: Please fill out an online form found HERE and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
11. PROXIMITY CARD RULES: Rules and Regulations, Rev. E. states that Proximity cards are valid only for the persons to whom they are issued and cannot be loaned, transferred, or assigned. In order to use the pool, fitness, or any other areas, including entering the Village Center a proximity card must also be processed at the electronic entry point at each facility.
There have been several incidents in which residents are scanning their assigned proximity card and then allowing other residents into the pool. Please ensure that you are using your individually-assigned proximity card when you scan in to use the facilities. Residents must each scan-in individually (even if you are in the same home). Thank you for your cooperation.
Please do not enter the pool until your reservation time starts (no early birds) and please exit promptly when your reservation time is over. If you leave late, you are delaying the time for the next group of residents who have reservations. It is also incredibly important that our maintenance staff has adequate time to clean and disinfect all areas.
12. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE: Is looking for additional members. If interested please download this FORM, fill it out and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
13. TECH CLUB: Wednesday, October 21st at 10:00 am., Via Zoom. Join us for the Tech meeting for a discussion and some new ideas for traveling with Tech. Call Tim Walter if you are not a member, and he will help you join. 520.775.0222
14. VETERANS CLUB BBQ: November 18th at 11:30 a.m. Take Out only. To order tickets click HERE. Use your PayPal account or credit card. Tickets available at “Will Call” table at BBQ. This link also accepts donations but requires a separate transaction.
15. YOGA CLUB: FREE Yoga classes MWF classes have resumed from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on the back patio of the Clubhouse. Covid-19 waiver required. Please bring all of your own equipment. Call Leslie Parr with any questions at 297-4833.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association