The Sunflower Communicator
|July 23, 2020||Volume 10, Number 29|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday :
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Call for Information
Current Number of Subscribers: 783
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION IN PROGRESS: The Sunflower Board of Directors Annual Election is underway. Your Election Committee has set up the timeline for the election process which starts with homeowners who are interested in becoming a candidate for the Board must turn in an application to become a candidate by Friday, August 7, 2020. Four (4) candidates are needed to run for the three (3) open Board seats in the upcoming election. The Application for Nomination is available on the Sunflowerliving.com website under Forms and at the Front Desk in the Village Center (please call ahead 520.572.9780 to pick up an application at the Front Desk.)
To become a candidate, you must turn in the application, a photograph, and a statement as to what qualifies you to be a Board candidate and email them to Ann Marie at email@example.com by the deadline of Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Consider becoming a leader in your Sunflower community and turn in an application to be a candidate for the Board of Directors by Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
2. BOOKS AND MAGAZINES: Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are not accepting books or magazines at this time. Please do not leave them outside in front of the building. Thank you for your cooperation.
3. CIF POLL: Click HERE for a link to a poll regarding some ideas that could become possible Community Improvement Fund (CIF) projects. This is not an actual vote, it is ONLY a poll to get an idea of what the community might be interested in. The deadline to have this completed will be Sunday July 26, 9:00 p.m. Please help by taking this Sunflower Community Poll.
4. COVID-19 WAIVERS TO USE THE CENTER: Have been emailed to residents. They can also be found online at Sunflowerliving.com under Resident Information --> Forms. The waiver is fillable online (see note at the top of the Forms page). You can print it, fill it out and drop it off in the box at the front of the Village Center or download it using Acrobat Reader and email to Janice.Brown@fsresidential.com
Lori.Chase@fsresidential.com or Nicolette.Kaplan@fsresidential.com.
5. EXECUTIVE ORDER: Governor Doug Ducey announced a new Executive Order on, Monday, June 29, 2020 that goes through July 27, 2020 unless extended. Sunflower is complying by closing our fitness center.
We are taking conservative measures and precautions resulting in the closure of the Village Center which includes the Billiard Room. For the moment, the pool and courts will remain open as scheduled. Please do not congregate in groups of more than ten (10) and maintain social distancing of six (6) feet or more. This is subject to change depending on the Governor's orders and/or the Board.
6. LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE: A landscape committee is being established. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
7. POOL RESERVATIONS: Please do not enter the pool until your reservation time starts (no early birds) and please exit promptly when your reservation time is over. If you leave late, you are delaying the time for the next group of residents who have reservations. It is also incredibly important that our maintenance staff has adequate time to clean and disinfect all areas.
8. PRAC NEWS: The Preservation of Reserve Assets Committee (PRAC) is a standing committee tasked with the updating, repair and replacement of our community's infrastructure. That infrastructure can best be described as “if it’s not your property, it probably belongs to our HOA”. PRAC serves our Board and works closely with our community manager. We are in need of new members with a willingness to be involved in our mission and work towards achieving our goals. Residents having background experience in engineering, construction, contract negotiations, computers and design are some of the skills needed. We could especially use someone familiar with Windows Office Excel. If interested please contact Andy Skroch (PRAC Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. RESERVATIONS: A total of five (5) reservations will be allowed per week, per individual. The week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.
Please do not add a second person to the comment section or change the quantity to two (2). Changing the quantity to two (2) will result in double bookings and will be counting toward your five (5) signups for the week.
We strongly encourage residents to delete bookings they no longer want rather than writing in comments, “delete this date." If that reservation is not deleted it will still count toward your five (5) signups for the week. If you need help with deleting your reservations please call the Village Center at 520.572.9780 and we will be happy to talk you though it.
10. SIDEWALKS V.S . PATHS:
Sidewalks are for walking only, bicycles - please use the streets
Paths (trails surrounding the wash) are for walking and bicycles
Both walkers and bicyclists are welcome to use the paths but please share the space with each other. Walkers are encouraged to move to the side if they see or hear a bike coming and bikers should give the right of way to walkers.There’s enough room for everyone - so please be courteous and share the paths.
11. STOP SIGNS: Please come to a full and complete stop at ALL stop signs.
12. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE: Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association