The Sunflower Communicator
|July 9, 2020||Volume 10, Number 27|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday :
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Call for Information
Current Number of Subscribers: 782
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. COVID-19 WAIVERS TO USE THE CENTER: Have been emailed to residents. They can also be found online at Sunflowerliving.com under What's New --> Announcements and under Resident Information --> Forms. The waiver online is fillable. You can print it, fill it out and drop it off in the box at the front of the Village Center or download it using Acrobat Reader and email to Janice.Brown@fsresidential.com
Lori.Chase@fsresidential.com or Nicolette.Kaplan@fsresidential.com.
2. EXECUTIVE ORDER: Governor Doug Ducey announced a new Executive Order on, Monday, June 29, 2020 that goes through July 27, 2020 unless extended. Sunflower is complying by closing our fitness center.
We are taking conservative measures and precautions resulting in the closure of the Village Center, this includes the Billiard Room. For the moment, the pool and courts will remain open as scheduled. Please do not congregate in groups of more than ten (10) and maintain social distancing of six (6) feet or more. This is subject to change depending on Governor orders and/or the Board.
3. FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING: Monday July 20th at 10:00 a.m. via ZOOM. We will have the information for the ZOOM meeting next week if you are interested. It is likely that there will be a quorum of the Board sitting in on this meeting pertaining to the budget
4. LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE: A landscape committee is being established. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
5. PIMA COUNTY DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICE MEETING: A presentation took place on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. The evening's informational Meeting can be found HERE.
6. POOL OPENING: The Pool will be open, Friday, July 10th. You may start making your pool reservations now. Please note that the first reservation doesn’t start until 9:00 a.m. Thank you.
7. PRAC NEWS: The Preservation of Reserve Assets Committee (PRAC) is a standing committee tasked with the updating, repair and replacement of our community's infrastructure. That infrastructure can best be described as “if it’s not your property, it probably belongs to our HOA”. PRAC serves our Board and works closely with our community manager. We are in need of new members with a willingness to be involved in our mission and work towards achieving our goals. Residents having background experience in engineering, construction, contract negotiations, computers and design are some of the skills needed. We could especially use someone familiar with Windows Office Excel. If interested please contact Andy Skroch (PRAC Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. RESERVATIONS: Please do not enter the pool until your reservation time starts (no early birds) and please exit promptly when your reservation time is over. If you leave late, you are delaying the time for the next group of residents who have reservations. It is also incredibly important that our maintenance staff has adequate time to clean and disinfect all areas.
9. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE : Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
10. SUNFLOWER ANNUAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION: A minimum of four (4) candidates are needed to run for the three (3) open board seats.
The Application for Nomination is available on the Sunflowerliving.com website and at the Front Desk in the Village Center (please call ahead 520.572.9780 to pick one up during the pandemic partial opening).
To locate the application online, click on Resident Information and then scroll down to the Forms tab and then click on Application. This is a fillable pdf form, download the application on to your desktop and fill it out. Please attach the application, photograph and a separate word document with your candidate statement and email to Ann Marie at email@example.com.
The Qualifications to run for the Board of Directors as defined in the Association Bylaws are as follows:
The person shall:
* Be a Member (owner) of the Association,
* Be in good standing with the Association, and
* Be at least fifty (50) years of age.
The Annual Meeting is Monday, November 9, 2020.
11. TECH CLUB MEETING: The Tech Club Zoom meeting scheduled for July 15th has been postponed until July 22nd. The link to the meeting will be sent out that week.
12. TECH ROOM: The Board Voted to reopen the Tech Room effective Thursday, July 9, 2020. The hours for reservations have been reestablished. Temperature checks will be required and a mask must be used at all times.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association