The Sunflower Communicator
|June 25, 2020||Volume 10, Number 25|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday :
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Call for Information
Current Number of Subscribers: 780
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BILLIARDS PLAY: A total of four (4) residents per time slot. Womenís Play: Mondays and Thursdays. Menís Play: Tuesdays and Fridays.
Signups must be done individually. Please do not add a second person to the comments or quanity section(s).
2. BOARD MEETING: Wednseday, July 8th, Zoom information to be sent out at a later date.
3. BOCCE: Start time is 8:00 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for the summer months.
4. COVID-19 WAIVERS TO USE THE CENTER: Have been emailed to residents. They can also be found online at Sunflowerliving.com under What's New --> Announcements and under Resident Information --> Forms. The waiver online is fillable. You can print it, fill it out and drop it off in the box at the front of the Village Center or download it using Acrobat Reader and email to Janice.Brown@fsresidential.com
Lori.Chase@fsresidential.com or Nicolette.Kaplan@fsresidential.com.
5. FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING: Monday, June 29th at 10:00 a.m. via Zoom. If you are interested please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780.
6. FITNESS ROOM RESERVATIONS: A total of five (5) reservations per week, per individual. One (1) hour slots per reservation. Ten (10) residents total per time slot. An additional time slot has been added from 4:00 p.m. Ė 5:00 p.m. Signups must be done individually. Please do not add a second person to the comments or quantity section(s).
7. IF YOU DONíT HAVE INTERNET & NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION: Call the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Your WAIVER must have been signed and turned in.
8. LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE: A landscape committee is being established. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
9. MASK REQUIRED: Masks are required at all times in the Community Center.
10. PIMA COUNTY: The Pima County Board of Supervisors on; June 19th voted 3-2 to enact a countywide Public Health Protection Resolution requiring the wearing of face coverings when in public if 6 feet of physical distancing cannot be maintained.
11. POOL CHANGES: A total of five (5) reservations will be allowed per week, per individual. One (1) hour and 45 minutes per reservation. Twenty-three (23) residents per time slot. Signups must be done individually. Please do not add a second person to the comments or quanity section(s).
12. PRAC: Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
13. REOPENING/PROXIMITY CARD ACTIVATION/SCHEDULING:
The process of opening some of the amenities was emailed out to residents who have an email on file with First Service Residential on June 3rd. This information has also been posted on the doors at the Village Center.
Waivers will be processed and proximity cards will be activated as they are received. Once your proximity card is activated, an email will be sent out with a link to our scheduling software that will allow you an opportunity to make reservations for the billiards, pool, fitness and tech room. If you have not received an email yet, and it has been 24 hours please reach out to us so we can look into it. Contact information is available on the sunflowerliving.com website via the "Staff" link at the bottom of the home page.
14. RESERVATIONS: Please do not enter the pool, fitness, tech or billiards room until your reservation time starts (no early birds) and please exit promptly when your reservation time is over. If you leave late you are delaying the time for the next group of residents who have reservations. It is also incredibly important that our maintenance staff has adequate time to clean and disinfect all areas.
15. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE : Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
16. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE QUESTIONNAIRE: Is being emailed to residents. If you don't have an email, a paper questionnaire can be picked up outside the Village Center starting Friday, June 26th. The due date is end of business on July 6th.
17. SUNFLOWER ANNUAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION: A minimum of four (4) candidates are needed to run for the three (3) open board seats.
The Application for Nomination will be available starting July 1st at the Sunflowerliving.com website and at the Front Desk in the Village Center (please call ahead 520.572.9780 to pick one up during the pandemic partial opening).
To locate the application online click on Resident Information and then scroll down to the Forms tab and then click on Application. This is a fillable pdf form, download the application on to your desktop and fill it out. Please attach the application, photograph and a separate word document with your candidate statement and email to Ann Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Qualifications to run for the Board of Directors as defined in the Association Bylaws are as follows:
The person shall:
* Be a Member (owner) of the Association,
* Be in good standing with the Association, and
* Be at least fifty (50) years of age.
The deadline to turn in the Application for Nomination for the three (3) open positions on the Board of Directors is Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
The Annual Meeting is Monday, November 9, 2020.
18. TECH ROOM: A total of five (5) reservations per week. One (hour) slot per reservation. Three (3) residents total per time slot. Signups must be done individually. Please do not add a second person to the comments or quantity section(s).
19. REMINDER: Facilities are only open to residents. No guests are allowed.
20. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: Starting, Sunday, June 29th the Village Center will be open on Sundays from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Reservations will be required to use the pool, fitness and tech room.
21. VILLAGE CENTER CLOSED: July 4, 2020: The Village Center and all amenties will close at 2:00 p.m. in observance of the holiday. No access will be granted after hours. Have a happy and safe 4th of July.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association