The Sunflower Communicator
|June 18, 2020||Volume 10, Number 24|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday :
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Call for Information
Current Number of Subscribers: 780
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ARIZONA VETERANS MEMORIAL CEMETERY: During the pandemic the number of visitors to our Arizona Veterans Memorial Cemetery has decreased. Each year the staff raises funds for their annual Christmas party by selling raffle tickets for a quilt. If you're able, please consider purchasing tickets for $1.00 or six tickets for $5.00. Call 520-638-4869 for additional information. Thank you for your support.
2. BILLIARDS ROOM SIGN UP: Information is coming. Please keep your eyes out for an email blast.
3. BOCCE: Start time is 8:00 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for the summer months.
4. COVID-19 WAIVERS TO USE THE CENTER: Have been emailed to residents. They can also be found online at Sunflowerliving.com under What's New --> Announcements and under Resident Information --> Forms. The waiver online is fillable. You can print it, fill it out and drop it off in the box at the front of the Village Center or download it using Acrobat Reader and email to Janice.Brown@fsresidential.com
Lori.Chase@fsresidential.com or Nicolette.Kaplan@fsresidential.com.
5. FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING: Monday, June 29th at 10:00 a.m. via Zoom. If you are interested please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780.
6. IF YOU DONíT HAVE INTERNET & NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION: Call the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Your WAIVER must have been turned in and signed.
7. LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE: A landscape committee is being established. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
8. MASK REQUIRED: Effective Saturday June, 20th at 6:00 a.m. per the proclamation signed by the Mayor of Tucson all people 2 years old and older must cover their nose and mouth in places were social distancing is difficult.
9. POOL CHANGES: Starting, Monday, June 22nd, residents may sign up for additional time slots to use the pool. A total of five (5) reservations will be allowed per week, per individual. Signups must be done individually. Please do not add a second person to the comments section. The number of those allowed in the pool has increased from 20 to 23.
10. PRAC: Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
11. REOPENING/PROXIMITY CARD ACTIVATION/SCHEDULING:
The process of opening some of the amenities was emailed out to residents who have an email on file with First Service Residential on June 3rd. This information has also been posted on the doors at the Village Center.
Waivers will be processed and proximity cards will be activated as they are received . Once your proximity card is activated, an email will be sent out with a link to our scheduling software that will allow you an opportunity to make reservations for the pool, fitness and tech room. Only 3 reservations are allowed a week per activity. IF you have not received an email yet, and it has been 24 hours please reach out to us so we can look into it.
12. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE : Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
13. SUNFLOWER BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION: A minimum of four (4) candidates are needed to run for the three (3) open board seats.
The Application for Nomination will be available starting July 1st at the Sunflowerliving.com website and at the Front Desk in the Village Center (please call ahead 520.572.9780 to pick one up during the pandemic partial opening).
To locate the application online click on Resident Information and then scroll down to the Forms tab and then click on Application. This is a fillable pdf form, download the application on to your desktop and fill it out. Please attach the application, photograph and a separate word document with your candidate statement and email to Ann Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Qualifications to run for the Board of Directors as defined in the Association Bylaws are:
The person shall:
* Be a Member (owner) of the Association,
* Be in good standing with the Association, and
* Be at least fifty (50) years of age.
The deadline to turn in the Application for Nomination for the three (3) open positions on the Board of Directors is Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
14. TECH ROOM: Staring, Monday June 22nd, three (3) residents will be allowed in the Tech Room per reservation.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association