The Sunflower Communicator
|May 21, 2020||Volume 10, Number 20|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 778
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. MEMORIAL DAY, MONDAY MAY 25: Due to the holiday the Village Center will NOT be staffed.
2. COMMITTEE MEETING DATES: Meetings of all SCA (Sunflower Community Association) Committees are open to attendance by any member of SCA in “good standing”. The dates of committee meetings must be scheduled and announced. Please email the date and time of your committee meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org so that it may be posted in the communicator.
3. C.O.R.E. (Community Outreach Resident Engagement): Please participate in the questionnaire included in your Suncatcher this month. It is designed to gather information from those in our community who live alone to see what we can do to strengthen them. If you are interested in this endeavor, please feel free to call Tom Shambo, 520.603.0563, Roger Daggett, 520.241.1032, or Tim Walter 520.775.0222.
4. CURB YOUR PET: Picking up your dog’s waste isn’t just a common courtesy, it’s a city ordinance, it’s a health imperative and it’s part of the governing documents. Rules and Regulations state that, Pet owners must pick up and dispose of pet waste immediately and properly dispose of it in a trash container. Landscapers and maintenance are not responsible for picking up after you pet -- it’s your responsibility. Please be a responsible pet owner.
5. EMAIL BLAST: The email blast that was sent out by management on the evening of Tuesday , May 19th to residents was sent on behalf of Tom Howlin. There have been several questions regarding assessments and in an effort to answer them an email blast was sent out to all residents who have an email account registered with First Service Residential. The software personalizes the email by addressing it individually to the recipient.
Many residents misunderstood the email blast that went out and assumed it was because we thought they had personally asked the question regarding assessments. It did not go out because “you” asked a question, it went out in an effort to give an explanation in regards to no refunds/reductions on assessment rather than a simple “no.”
Email blasts and the communicator will be utilized to keep residents informed.
6. FINANCE MEETING: Monday, May 25th at 10:30 a.m. in the back patio of the Village Center.
7. FOOD TRUCKS: The food truck scheduled for Friday, June 5th has been cancelled.
8. PET SAFETY: It’s getting hot outside. Please leave your fury friends at home. The temperature in a vehicle can climb from 95° to 114° within 10 minutes and 95° to 120 °within 30 minutes.
When taking your fury friend out for a walk use the 5 second rule. Place the back of your hand on the pavement. If you cannot hold it for five seconds, it’s too hot to walk your dog. Just remember, if it's too hot for you to walk barefoot, it's too hot for your pet.
Arizona State law prohibits leaving animals unattended and confined in a motor vehicle when physical injury to or death of the animal is likely to result.
9. PRAC: Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
10. STREET CHIP/SEAL: The street work/chip seal will continue in Sunflower through May 28th. Keep an eye out for signage.
11. VILLAGE CENTER NOTICE: The Village Center is currenty closed to residents and guests
If there is an emergency after 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday or on a Saturday or Sunday please call 520.219.4520 and press “1” to be connected to the Care Center.
12. YOGA VIA ZOOM: Is offered every M-W-F from 9:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m. For details, or to sign up, email Maddie at email@example.com
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association