The Sunflower Communicator
|May 14, 2020||Volume 10, Number 19|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 778
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BOARD MEETING: Monday, May 18th at 10:00 a.m. via Zoom.
Click here for connection information. Login information is the same as used for viewing BOD/Committee minutes. If you do not have it, contact the Community Center.
2. PET SAFETY: It’s getting hot outside. Please leave your fury friends at home. The temperature in a vehicle can climb from 95° to 114° within 10 minutes and 95° to 120 °within 30 minutes.
When taking your fury friend out for a walk use the 5 second rule. Place the back of your hand on the pavement. If you cannot hold it for five seconds, it’s too hot to walk your dog. Just remember, if it's too hot for you to walk barefoot, it's too hot for your pet.
Arizona State law prohibits leaving animals unattended and confined in a motor vehicle when physical injury to or death of the animal is likely to result.
3. STREET CHIP/SEAL: The street work/chip seal will begin in Sunflower May 18th-28th. Signage will appear the week prior.
4. TRAVEL CLUB: We have not yet received all the refunds (3 out of 5 have been received, the $8,400 hotel deposit yet to be received) of our prepaid deposits for the San Diego trip. Hopefully, as venues start to open back up in California, we will receive our final refunds. We will then issue checks to the San Diego tour participants. We thank you for your patience.
5. VILLAGE CENTER NOTICE: The Village Center is currenty closed to residents and guests
If there is an emergency after 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday or on a Saturday or Sunday please call 520.219.4520 and press “1” to be connected to the Care Center.
6. WASH MOWING: The Town of Marana will be mowing the wash by next week.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association