The Sunflower Communicator
|April 30, 2020||Volume 10, Number 17|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 770
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ASSESSMENTS: The deadline to make your HOA assessment payment was April 30, 2020. Late fees will now be applied to all late payments.
2. COMMUNICATOR & EMAIL BLASTS: Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
3. DID YOU KNOW: You can digitally preview your letter-sized mail. Informed Delivery provides eligible residential consumers with a digital preview of their household's incoming mail scheduled to arrive soon. * Users can view greyscale images of the exterior, address side of incoming letter-sized mail pieces (not the inside contents) via email or an online dashboard. * Images are only provided for letter-sized mail pieces that are processed through USPS' automated equipment. Click HERE for more information.
Walkers Please obey traffic laws and check traffic before stepping out and crossing the street(s). Please don’t stand or walk in the street.
Arizona law requires that pedestrians use the sidewalk whenever present. Pedestrians may not walk along the roadway if a sidewalk is present. If no sidewalk is present, the law requires pedestrians to walk in the opposite direction of traffic.
Bicyclist it is unlawful to ride a bicycle on any public sidewalk or upon a designated pedestrian path in any public park, unless signs are posted permitting bicycling.
Drivers Please obey all traffic laws. The posted speed limit is 25 mph. Please use turn signals and come to a complete stop. Running a stop sign carries a $250 fine.
Bicyclist, Drivers and Walkers please be courteous to one another. We do not have jurisdiction over the roads but ask that you follow all traffic laws for the safety of yourself and others.
5. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
6. PET SAFETY: It’s getting hot outside. Please leave your fury friends at home. The temperature in a vehicle can climb from 95° to 114° within 10 minutes and 95° to 120 °within 30 minutes.
When taking your fury friend out for a walk use the 5 second rule. Place the back of your hand on the pavement. If you cannot hold it for five seconds, it’s too hot to walk your dog.
Arizona State law prohibits leaving animals unattended and confined in a motor vehicle when physical injury to or death of the animal is likely to result.
7. SUN CATCHER: The May issue of The Sun Catcher is available for pick-up at the Village Center front door. It can also be found online at Sunflowerliving.com.
8. TECH CLUB: The Tech Club will be having its meeting via Zoom, a virtual platform, this month. If you are interested in learning more about Zoom, call Tim Walter 520.775.0222 and he’ll add you to the list. It will be scheduled for next Wednesday May 6, at 10:00 a.m.
9. VILLAGE CENTER NOTICE: If you were not aware – Governor Ducey announced April 29th that Arizona’s stay-at-home order will be extended to May 15. What does that mean for Sunflower Community Center? That means we will remain closed until May 15th and wait to hear what his next announcement will be.
We hope everyone is staying healthy and we look forward to seeing you when we can!.
If there is an emergency after 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday or on a Saturday or Sunday, please call 520.219.4520 and press “1” to be connected to the care center.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association