Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|April 23, 2020||Volume 10, Number 16|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 767
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ASSESSMENTS: The deadline to make your HOA assessment payment is quickly approaching. All assessments must be received and processed by April 30th. Late fees will be applied May 1st.
2. CAR REGISTRATION/EMISSION TEST: If you are 65 or older and have a car registered in Arizona that needs to have an emissions test before being registered in Arizona in either April or May of 2020, this info about getting a one-time waiver for the emissions test may help you.
You can get the form to fill out for the waiver online at AZDEQ.GOV/65waiver. Complete the waiver application and either return it electronically or mail it to ADEQ using the address provided on the website. The cost is $9.50 and is in lieu of the fee for emissions testing. The fee can be paid online or by mail. (Note it has to arrive promptly so online is recommended.)
You will be notified by email (typically it ends up in your SPAM folder) within a couple of days. If you are approved, the email will direct you to submit the waiver fee and then complete your application for renewal – including paying that fee also. Your new registration sticker that expires in either April or May of 2021 will arrive in the mail in a couple of days.
3. COMMUNICATOR & EMAIL BLASTS: Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
4. DID YOU KNOW: You can digitally preview your letter-sized mail. Informed Delivery provides eligible residential consumers with a digital preview of their household's incoming mail scheduled to arrive soon. * Users can view greyscale images of the exterior, address side of incoming letter-sized mail pieces (not the inside contents) via email or an online dashboard. * Images are only provided for letter-sized mail pieces that are processed through USPS' automated equipment. Click HERE for more information.
Walkers Please obey traffic laws and check traffic before stepping out and crossing the street(s). Please don’t stand or walk in the street.
Arizona law requires that pedestrians use the sidewalk whenever present. Pedestrians may not walk along the roadway if a sidewalk is present. If no sidewalk is present, the law requires pedestrians to walk in the opposite direction of traffic.
Bicyclist it is unlawful to ride a bicycle on any public sidewalk or upon a designated pedestrian path in any public park, unless signs are posted permitting bicycling.
Drivers Please obey all traffic laws. The posted speed limit is 25 mph. Please use turn signals and come to a complete stop. Running a stop sign carries a $250 fine.
Bicyclist, Drivers and Walkers please be courteous to one another. We do not have jurisdiction over the roads but ask that you follow all Taffic Laws for the safety of yourself and others.
6. DIY DISINFECTANT: Need a DIY disinfectant? Visit THIS website for more information.
7. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Conference call Monday, April 27th. If interested please call the front desk for additonal information.
Members needed. No experience required. Please fill out an online form at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms and email to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com
8. FITNESS CLASSES CANCELED: Violet has canceled her Fitness classes for the remainder of the Spring. She looks forward to seeing everyone again in November.
9. PET SAFETY: It’s getting hot outside. Please leave your fury friends at home. The temperature in a vehicle can climb from 95° to 114° within 10 minutes and 95° to 120 °within 30 minutes.
When taking your fury friend out for a walk use the 5 second rule. Place the back of your hand on the pavement. If you cannot hold it for five seconds, it’s too hot to walk your dog.
Arizona State law prohibits leaving animals unattended and confined in a motor vehicle when physical injury to or death of the animal is likely to result.
10. SUN CATCHER: The May issue of The Sun Catcher will be available for pick-up at the Village Center front door beginning Monday, April 27th. It can also be found online at Sunflowerliving.com.
11. VILLAGE CENTER NOTICE: The Village Center is closed. If there is an emergency after 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday or on a Saturday or Sunday
please call 520.219.4520 and press “1” to be connected to the care center.
12. WILDLIFE SIGHTINGS: A Mountain Lion has been spotted in the neighborhood and wash. Please take extra caution while out on walks and don’t leave your pets unattended outside.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association