The Sunflower Communicator
|March 26, 2020||Volume 10, Number 13|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 762
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. AARP TAX AIDE: All AARP Tax Aide services are suspended until further notice. If you have access to a computer you can access the following IRS website to obtain details on how to file your taxes online for free.
2. COMMUNICATOR & EMAIL BLASTS: Please do not reply to the Communicator or Email blasts. The webteam is made up of volunteers from the Sunflower Community and will not be able to reply. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Village Center at 520.572.9780. Thank you.
3. DRIVEWAY PARKING: We are receiving complaints in regards to vehicles parked in driveways. Please make sure when parking in your driveway you are pulling all the way up and your vehicle is not encroaching onto the sidewalks. Sidewalk obstructions are making it difficult for walkers in the neighborhood in particular those who use motorized wheelchairs, canes and walkers. Thank you.
4. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Members needed. No experience required. Please pick up an application at the front desk or online at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms.
5. MASK MAKERS NEEDED: If you have a sewing machine or know others who do and can sew a straight line, we need your help! The TMC anesthesiologists’ group from Old Pueblo Anesthesiology desperately needs masks. They are being certified as NP to assist in hospital overflow. The masks are super easy to sew. One yard of cotton fabric and one yard of iron, on interfacing can make 6 masks. The ear loops are elastic. All this stuff is easy to buy at Walmart and they have a selection of 1 yd prepackaged fabrics. ($2.97- interface is about $3.00 or less a yard and a pack of 1/4 or 3/8-inch flat elastic is $2.00). Your donation of $8.00 and a few hours of time can produce 6 masks. Let me know if you need more info and the pattern info/ very easy on Jo Ann Fabrics website video. If you can help make them, I'll deliver, but I'd like to take a bunch! Thx. Teresa Baker, 520.360.5328
6. NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS: Recent events have resulted in some of our Sunflower residents being unable to grocery shop, etc. Luckily a few individuals have volunteered to help others in the community. Call the Village Center at 520.572.9780 for more information or if you’d like to volunteer to help others during this time.
7. PRIMAVERA FOUNDATION: Do you have empty prescription bottles? These are not recyclable but they can be reused. Please remove labels and place in the Primavera box. People with disabilities put shampoo, body wash, foot powder etc. in them as part of job training and occupational therapy. These are used to help homeless people improve their situation. Better yet, include a new container of foot powder which is especially needed now. Thanks for your help.Patrick Steliga 262.422-8791
8. SUN CATCHER: The April, Sun Catcher will be available this Friday, March 26th. You may pick one up at the Village Center. They will be outside in the front entrance and available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You may also view it online at Sunflowerliving.com under Sunflower News.
9. VILLAGE CENTER NOTICE : The Sunflower Village Center will be closed Saturday, March 28th and Sunday, March 29th for all business related matters. The ballot box and Sun Catchers will not be accessible however they will be available once again on Monday, March 30th. In the event of an emergency, please call 520.219.4520 and press “1” to be connected to the care center.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association