The Sunflower Communicator
|March 12, 2020||Volume 10, Number 11|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 756
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITY COMMITTEE PRESENTS: Square Dance with Professional Caller. March 20, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. You do NOT have to attend with a partner. Only $9.00
2. BOARD AND STUDY SESSION MEETINGS: The Board and Study Session Meetings for the month of March have been cancelled. The meetings will resume in April when a full Board has been elected and put into place.
3. CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): We are closely watching what is going on with Coronavirus (COVID-19) on a daily basis. Look for a special email tomorrow with more information
4. CRAZY RHYTHM: Come relax and reminisce to the sounds of the Big Band Era presented by Paul Mowatt and Allen Fannin Fridays, March 13th and 27th in the Sunflower Fiesta Room from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Feel free to bring your favorite beverages or snacks and invite your friends.
5. DEMENTIA CAREGIVER SUPPORT:
Where: The Watermark at Continental Ranch
8689 N. Silverbell Rd.
Weekend Group: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Every 1st Sunday of the Month
Weekday Group: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. 2nd Thursday of the Month starting March 12, 2020.
For more information contact Karen or Yetive at 520.789.6690
6. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Members needed. No experience required. Please pick up an application at the front desk or online at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms.
7. FUN KARAOKE DATE CHANGE: Fun Karaoke, originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th has been Postponed. It has been rescheduled for a week later, on Tuesday, March 24th at 6:00 p.m.
8. LIFE AFTER LOSS: "A Program for Bereaved Widows & Widowers” is an introductory meeting which may become a 4-week, educational support program. Open to men and women who have experienced the loss of their spouse, or significant other, within the past five years.
Saturday, March 28th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Sunflower Village Center in the Craft Room. Bring a Writing tablet and pen. Please contact Donna-Marie to register by March 25th (619) 840-2960 or email@example.com. No cost, but donations appreciated. THIS IS NOT A DROP-IN ACTIVITY. Facilitated by Donna-Marie Terranova, Bereavement Counselor and TMC Hospice Chaplain.
9. LOOKING FOR WORK: Pima Community College has a FREE program, connecting job seekers with information, training, support and employer access to get back into the workforce. If you are interested please visit the front desk for additional information.
10. LOST & FOUND TABLE: Please retrieve your lost items in the lobby. We will be giving the items to a charity on Monday, March 16th. We have numerous eye glasses, tumblers, jackets, towels, jackets, glass lid, bags, scotchgard, laundry soap, etc. Thank you.
11. MARANA FOOD BANK: Is looking for a few volunteers from the Sunflower Community who are willing to pick up items donated at the Village Center for the Marana Community Food Bank and take them to the warehouse in Marana once a week. The one-way distance is approximately 8 miles and would require about 1 hour of your time. If you would like to volunteer, please contact: Hulette Wyckoff at 520-579-7171 for more information.
12. SOCIAL CLUB: We will be selling tickets at Saturday evening’s Irish event for April 18th’s “Picnic in the Fiesta Room”. The menu will be picnic food – pinwheel sandwiches, salads and apple pie. After dinner a trio playing guitars and singing western and folk songs will entertain us. Please be sure to bring your $10 so you can buy your ticket.
13. SOUTHERN AZ VA HEALTH CARE SYSTEM (SAVAHCS): Is seeking volunteers to be a “Friendly Visitor” for homebound Veterans in Marana & Tucson. Volunteer visitors may also provide support and a much-needed break for a caregiver. Visits are meant to engage the Veteran in enjoyable one-on-one interaction. The volunteer provides no hands-on care. Visits are usually 1 to 4 hours, once or twice a week and within the volunteer’s own neighborhood. Volunteers must complete necessary orientation, training and background screening. The commitment is minimal, but the rewards are HUGE! Interested persons should contact Cathi Starr, VA Volunteer Caregiver Support Coordinator at 520-603-7208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Video about this program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAzAkfTiWRM
14. TECH CLUB: Wednesday, March 18th at 10:00 a.m. as we have two of our own teaching us. Don White will give us a teaser of his upcoming class, and Tom Howlin will teach his new and improved “Cutting the Cord” class. Bring your laptops, tablets, and Phones. See you there.
15. TRAVEL CLUB: As a result of Governor Gavin Newsom’s recent declaration of a State of Emergency for California due to the spread of the Coronavirus, the Sunflower Travel Club Board has decided to ‘err with caution’ rather than ‘err with regret’, and has cancelled the San Diego trip.
The next Sales Desk to buy tickets for the Spring Membership meeting will be March 18th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
16. VILLAGE CENTER
HOURS: The Village Center will be closing at 2:00 p.m.
on Monday, March 23rd for carpet/tile cleaning. The fitness
room will also be closed as the carpet in that area will be
cleaned. No admittance to the building will be allowed. The
pool can be accessed using the pool gate.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association