The Sunflower Communicator
|March 05, 2020||Volume 10, Number 10|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 754
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITY COMMITTEE PRESENTS: Game Night: March 7th, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. BYOB. Board Games, Card Games $3.00. Purchase at the door. Square Dance with Professional Caller: March 20, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. You do NOT have to attend with a partner $9.00.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed, Friday, March 6, 2020.
3. BOARD AND STUDY SESSION MEETINGS: The Board and Study Session Meetings for the month of March have been cancelled. The meetings will resume in April when a full board has been elected and put into place.
4. CRAZY RHYTHM: Come relax and reminisce to the sounds of the Big Band Era presented by Paul Mowatt and Allen Fannin Fridays, March 13th and 27th in the Sunflower Fiesta Room from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Feel free to bring your favorite beverages or snacks and invite your friends.
5. DEMENTIA CAREGIVER SUPPORT:
Where: The Watermark at Continental Ranch
8689 N. Silverbell Rd.
Weekend Group: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Every 1st Sunday of the Month
Weekday Group: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. 2nd Thursday of the Month starting March 12, 2020.
For more information contact Karen or Yetive at 520.789.6690
6. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Members needed. No experience required. Please pick up an application at the front desk or online at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms.
7. LIFE AFTER LOSS: "A Program for Bereaved Widows & Widowers” is an introductory meeting which may become a 4-week, educational support program. Open to men and women who have experienced the loss of their spouse, or significant other, within the past five years.
Saturday, March 28th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Sunflower Village Center in the Craft Room. Bring a Writing tablet and pen. Please contact Donna-Marie to register by March 25th (619) 840-2960 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No cost, but donations appreciated. THIS IS NOT A DROP-IN ACTIVITY. Facilitated by Donna-Marie Terranova, Bereavement Counselor and TMC Hospice Chaplain.
8. LOOKING FOR WORK: Pima Community College has a FREE program, connecting job seekers with information, training, support and employer access to get back into the workforce. If you are interested please visit the front desk for additional information.
9. MARANA FOOD BANK: Is looking for a few volunteers from the Sunflower Community who are willing to pick up items donated at the Village Center for the Marana Community Food Bank and take them to the warehouse in Marana once a week. The one-way distance is approximately 8 miles and would require about 1 hour of your time. If you would like to volunteer, please contact: Hulette Wyckoff 520-579-7171 for more information.
10. ST. PATRICK’S DAY POTLUCK NEWS: Tickets for the March St. Patrick’s Day Potluck Dinner have SOLD OUT! We look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday, March 12th at 5:30 p.m. Make sure you wear something GREEN! If you have purchased tickets and find out you cannot attend, please call Jim or Barb Buchler at 773-848-0979 so we can move your tickets to people on the waiting list.
11. SUNFLOWER SPECIAL ELECTION: There are a total of thirteen (13) candidates for the five (5) open positions. The second "meet the candidate" session is:
Saturday, March 7th at 9:00 a.m. after coffee in the Fiesta Room
your email Monday, March 9th for your email
13. VINTAGE GARDENERS: Monday 9th, Field Trip at 9:15 a.m. No meeting at 12:30 p.m.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association