Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|February 27, 2020||
Volume 10, Number 9
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 747
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITY COMMITTEE: Is holding a Game Night for all residents of Sunflower who would like to attend. Whether you like card games, board games or dice games there will be a variety of games to choose from. Tables of four will play for a prescribed time and the winner at each table will win a prize. Tickets will be sold March 2nd from 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. or at the Fiesta door the evening of March 7th before the fun begins from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
2. BOYS HOPE GIRLS HOPE (BHGH): FSR (First Service Residential) is seeking cleaning, hygiene products and gift card donations on behalf of BHGH. BHGH’s mission is to guide motivated young people in need to become well-educated, career ready men and women. Suggested items for donation are shampoo, conditioner, body wash, multi-surface cleaners, laundry detergent, fabric softener, liquid hand soap, pads with wings, tampons (regular size), panty liners, razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, lotion, sunscreen, tissues, toilet paper, dishwasher detergent, Airwick scent refills, Windex, pledge, disinfecting wipes, dish soap and Fabuloso. Gift Cards from, Amazon, Costco, Walmart, Target, Fry’s, Walgreens, CVS and any gas station are also welcome. Thank you in advance for helping this wonderful cause! Donations will be accepted at the Sunflower Village Center until Thursday, March 5, 2020.
3. CHIP SEAL: Sunflower Community Association is slated to have chip seal done in April. We don’t have a date yet but stay tuned for more information.
4. CRAZY RHYTHM: Come relax and reminisce to the sounds of the Big Band Era presented by Paul Mowatt and Allen Fannin Fridays, March 13th and 27th in the Sunflower Fiesta Room 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Feel free to bring your favorite beverages or snacks and invite your friends.
5. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Members needed. No experience required. Please pick up an application at the front desk or online at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms.
6. LIFE AFTER LOSS: "A Program for Bereaved Widows & Widowers” is an introductory meeting which may become a 4-week, educational support program. Open to men and women who have experienced the loss of their spouse, or significant other, within the past five years.
Saturday, March 28th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Sunflower Village Center Center in the Craft Room. Bring a Writing tablet and pen. Please contact Donna-Marie to register by March 25th (619) 840-2960 or email@example.com No cost, but donations appreciated. THIS IS NOT A DROP-IN ACTIVITY. Facilitated by Donna-Marie Terranova, Bereavement Counselor and TMC Hospice Chaplain.
7. LOOKING FOR WORK: Pima Community College has a FREE program, connecting job seekers with information, training, support and employer access to get back into the workforce. If you are interested please visit the front desk for additional information.
8. MARANA FOOD BANK: Is looking for a few volunteers from the Sunflower Community who are willing to pick up items donated at the Village Center for the Marana Community Food Bank and take them to the warehouse in Marana once a week. The one-way distance is approximately 8 miles and would require about 1 hour of your time. If you would like to volunteer, please contact: Hulette Wyckoff 520-579-7171 for more information.
9. MICHIGAN GET TOGETHER: It’s THIS Friday 2/28 from 4:30 - 6:30 pm in the Fiesta room. Come share stories and appetizers (for 6-8 people) with fellow ‘ganders’ . $1/person for supplies. Water & Ice Tea provided or BYOB.
10. NEW RESIDENT WELCOME PARTY: If you’re a homeowner that moved into Sunflower in 2019 or early 2020, don’t forget to RSVP for the New Resident Welcome Party, being held in the Fiesta Room, this coming Saturday, February 29th, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call Lynn Haye at 520-572-6741 or email Liz Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need your names for name tags and to have the appropriate amount of food! Thanks!
11. NORTHWEST PARTY: Thursday, March 5th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 in the Fiesta Room for all Sunflower residents from Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Bring an appetizer, salad, or dessert to share and your own beverage. Please wear your favorite Northwest team colors so that we can cheer each other on! If you are new to Sunflower, please join your tribe at this annual event.
12. POOL: The pool and spa are open. The spa is heated however the pool is cold and currently heating up, it may be warm enough on Friday, February 28th.
13. SOCIAL CLUB: Our March 14th Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner is sold out. The March 5th Sales Desk is canceled. If you would like to be put on the wait list please call Lee Head at 520-256-0730.
14. ST. PATRICK’S DAY POTLUCK NEWS: Tickets for the March 12th St. Patrick’s Day Potluck Dinner will go on sale on Monday, March 2nd from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. and Wednesday March 4th from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (if necessary). We look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday, March 12th at 5:30 p.m. Make sure you wear something GREEN!
15. STREET WORK: Has been scheduled with a date of Tuesday, February 25th starting with the intersection of Starry Night. The work will continue from Starry Night to Summer Scene and is slated for (2) two weeks. During the daytime, this area will be down to one lane with a flagger. At night it will be opened entirely. Please drive carefully through this area.
16. SUNFLOWER PICKLEBALL CLINIC: March 4th & 5th from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome, free of charge. If you have a desire to learn pickleball, here is your chance. All you need is a good pair of tennis shoes and water, we will provide the equipment. Skills taught will be from the very basic to intermediate. Come learn the game, get some exercise and have fun. Please call Terri Lackey at 520-797-0349 to sign up.
17. SUNFLOWER SPECIAL
ELECTION: The deadline to turn in an
application to be a candidate for the Sunflower Board of
Directors was Thursday February 27, 2020 at 5:00
p.m. There are a total of fourteen
(14) candidates for the five (5) open positions. The Election
Committee will hold two (2) “Meet the Candidates”
Home owners may submit questions they would like to hear the candidates answer during the sessions by submitting their questions in writing to the “Question Box” on the credenza behind the Information Desk in the Center until Monday, March 2nd at 5:00 p.m. Plan to attend one of the “Meet the Candidates” sessions to hear what the candidates have to say.
18. TRAVEL DESK: Our
sales desk will be on Wednesday, March 4th from 1:00 p.m. to
3:00 p.m. We will be selling $1 tickets for our April 7th
Spring Membership Meeting. Time is 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. – light
meal following business meeting. This is for CURRENT
members only – no new membership sign ups. Ticket
required for admission – no tickets sold at door.
March 4th Green Valley trip has been canceled. Refunds
given at Wednesday’s sales desk.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association