The Sunflower Communicator
|February 20, 2020||
Volume 10, Number 8
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 752
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. CHIP SEAL: Sunflower Community Association is slated to have chip seal done in April. We don’t have a date yet but stay tuned for more information.
2. CRAZY RHYTHM: Come relax and reminisce to the sounds of the Big Band era presented by Paul Mowatt and Allen Fannin Fridays, March 13th and 27th in the Sunflower Fiesta Room 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Feel free to bring your favorite beverages or snacks and invite your friends.
3. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Members needed. No experience required. Please pick up an application at the front desk or online at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms.
4. MEET THE CANDIDATES:The Election Committee will be holding two (2) “Meet the Candidates” sessions for the upcoming special election for the five (5) open positions on the Board of Directors. Session #1 will be on Wednesday March 4, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room in the Sunflower Community Center. Session #2 will be on Saturday March 7, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. after Coffee Klatch in the Fiesta Room. The Election Committee invites all homeowners to submit questions they would like the Candidates to answer during these “Meet the Candidates” sessions. A Question Box will be located on the credenza by the Front Desk. The deadline to turn in questions is Monday, March 2, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Plan to attend one of these “Meet the Candidate” sessions to hear what your Board of Director Candidates has to say.
5. MICHIGAN GET TOGETHER: It’s almost here!! Friday, February 28th from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. in the Fiesta room. Come share stories and appetizers (for 6-8 people) with fellow ‘ganders.’ $1/person for supplies. Water & Ice Tea provided or BYOB.
6. NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH/BLOCK CAPTAINS MEETING: We are very excited to announce that our speaker will be Mark Garrish, Border Patrol Liaison, for the February 25th meeting. He will give a presentation on Border 101. Come one, come all. Ask your questions. 1:30 p.m. in the Fiesta Room.
7. NORTHWEST PARTY: Thursday, March 5th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 in the Fiesta Room for all Sunflower residents from Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Bring an appetizer, salad, or dessert to share and your own beverage. Please wear your favorite Northwest team colors so that we can cheer each other on! If you are new to Sunflower please join your tribe at this annual event.
8. POOL: The pool is being bleached and the towers are being cleaned. The pumps have been installed and if all goes according to plan, the pool will start to be filled with water today. The potential open date for the pool is Monday, February 24th.
9. PRIMAVERA FOUNDATION: Is a tax-exempt organization that started in 1983. It provides safe, affordable housing for those in need. The organization is in need of the following: Foot powder (any size), socks, feminine hygiene items, general hygiene items, canned food (w/pop-top lids if possible), and used, empty prescription bottles (labels removed). Please place items in the Primavera box in the lobby (next to Marana Food Bank box). Thanks very much. Patrick & Maureen Steliga (262) 422-8791
10. SOCIAL CLUB: Our next event will be on March 14th. To celebrate St Patrick’s Day we will be serving a Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner from Cracker Barrel. After dinner we will be entertained by a group of dancers from The Maguire Academy of Irish Dance. Tickets are on sale on Thursday, February 27th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Price is $10 – plus your $5 membership dues if you haven’t already paid them for 2020.
11. SPECIAL ELECTION: The Board of Directors has approved a Special Election for five (5) open positions to be elected on April 2, 2020. The Elections Committee has developed a timeline for the election process to include a closing date to turn in the Application for Nomination by February 27, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. to the Administrative office in the Sunflower Community Center. The Application is available online at Sunflowerliving.com or at the Front Desk. There must be at least six (6) candidates for these five (5) open positions in order to bring the Board of Directors back up to a seven (7) member board. Please consider turning in an Application for Nomination form to be a candidate on your Sunflower Board of Directors.
12. ST. PATRICK’S DAY POTLUCK NEWS: Tickets for the March 12th St. Patrick’s Day Potluck Dinner will go on sale on Monday, March 2nd from 1:00-3:00 p.m. and Wednesday March 4th from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (if necessary). We look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday, March 12th at 5:30 p.m. Make sure you wear something GREEN!
13. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE: Due to an unfortunate loss of our Survey Data beyond FSR's control, we must ask that those Owners who indicated that they want to be on upcoming committees send their name, phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Come Join US!
14. STREET WORK: Has been scheduled with a date of Tuesday, February 25th starting with the intersection of Starry Night. The work will continue from Starry Night to Summer Scene and is slated for (2) two weeks. During the day time this area will be down to one lane with a flagger. At night it will be opened entirely. Please drive carefully through this area.
15. SUNDAY HELP SESSION: Do you need help with your phone, tablet or laptop? Stop by the Tech Lab on Sundays between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to get help from the Tech Club and Marana Honor Society Students.
16. TAX ASSISTANCE AT ABBETT LIBRARY: Free tax services at Abbett Library are on Thursdays. No appointments taken. Hours are from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please bring: 2018 tax return, SS cards, photo ID for each taxpayer, a check for any refund. Documents of income: W-2s, 1099-Gs, SSA-1099s, RRB-1099s, or other 1099 forms. Deductions: 1098 for home mortgage interest, real estate taxes paid, cash and non- cash contributions to charities, summary of medical/dental/vision expenses. Please arrange for someone to take care of any pets you have at home and/or if you are a diabetic, please bring whatever food you may need while waiting.
17. TRAVEL CLUB SPRING MEMBERSHIP MEETING: Tuesday, April 7th from 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. Travel Club members ONLY - $1 Ticket / person - TICKET SALES DATES: March 4th, March 18th, April 1st from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. NO 'at door' ticket sales, ticket required for admission. Meeting followed by light meal. Questions - email@example.com
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please keep notices for upcoming events that will happen within two weeks to 75 characters or fewer.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association