The Sunflower Communicator
|February 13, 2020||
Volume 10, Number 7
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 752
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed Monday, February 17, 2020 in observance of Presidents Day.
2. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled on February 15th due to the Health Fair.
3. FUN KARAOKE: With oldies Singalongs at a new start time of 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 18th.
4. HEALTH FAIR: Saturday, February 15th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
5. MICHIGAN GET TOGETHER: Mark your calendars: Friday, February 28th from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Bring stories and appetizers to share with fellow ‘ganders.' $1/person for supplies. Water & Ice Tea provided or BYOB.
6. MIKE’S VALENTINES DANCE: Friday, February 14th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. 50’s - 80’s music. FREE. BYOB and Snacks. Sponsored by the Activities Committee.
7. NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH/BLOCK CAPTAINS MEETING: We are very excited to announce that our speaker will be Mark Garrish, Border Patrol Liaison, for the February 25th meeting. He will give a presentation on Border 101. Come one, come all. Ask your questions. 1:30 p.m. in the Fiesta Room.
8. NORTHWEST PARTY: Thursday, March 5th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 in the Fiesta Room for all Sunflower residents from Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Bring an appetizer, salad or dessert to share and your own beverage. Please wear your favorite Northwest team colors so that we can cheer each other on! If you are new to Sunflower please join your tribe at this annual event.
9. POOL/SPA: The pool is closed until further notice due to a broken pump; however, the spa is open. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will keep you updated.
10. PRIMAVERA FOUNDATION: Is a tax-exempt organization that started in 1983. It provides safe, affordable housing for those in need. The organization is in need of the following: Foot powder (any size), socks, feminine hygiene items, general hygiene items, canned food (w/pop-top lids if possible) and used, empty prescription bottles (labels removed). Please place items in the Primavera box in the lobby (next to Marana Food Bank box). Thanks very much. Patrick & Maureen Steliga (262) 422-8791
11. SOCIAL CLUB: If you are attending this Saturday’s “Rodeo Night” please note that we will begin selling tickets for next month’s “Touch of Ireland”. Cracker Barrel will cater a Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner. The entertainment for the night will be a group of dancers from the Maguire Academy of Irish Dance. The price is $10 per person.
12. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE: Due to an unfortunate loss of our Survey Data beyond FSR's control, we must ask that those Owners who indicated that they want to be on upcoming committees send their name, phone number and email address to email@example.com. Come Join US!
13. SUNDAY HELP SESSION: Do you need help with your phone, tablet or laptop? Stop by the Tech Lab on Sundays between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to get help from the Tech Club and Marana Honor Society Students.
14. TAX ASSISTANCE AT ABBETT LIBRARY: Free tax services at Abbett Library are on Thursdays. No appointments taken. Hours are from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please bring: 2018 tax return, SS cards, photo ID for each taxpayer, a check for any refund. Documents of income: W-2s, 1099-Gs, SSA-1099s, RRB-1099s, or other 1099 forms. Deductions: 1098 for home mortgage interest, real estate taxes paid, cash and non- cash contributions to charities, summary of medical/dental/vision expenses. Please arrange for someone to take care of any pets you have at home and/or if you are a diabetic, please bring whatever food you may need while waiting.
15. TECH CLUB: Join the Tech Club on Wednesday, February 19th at 10:00 a.m. in the Fiesta Room for a special speaker teaching about Medicare in the Online World. Prize and Pizza will be served afterwards.
16. TRAVEL CLUB: Our next Sales Desk will be held on Wednesday, February 19th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tickets are still available for the March 4th Heirloom Flea Market/ASARCO Copper Mine/Agave Restaurant/Desert Diamond Casino trip - $48. Please remember that the final payments for the San Diego trip are due by February 19th.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association