The Sunflower Communicator
|February 6, 2020||
Volume 10, Number 6
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 753
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed Monday, February 17, 2020 in observance of Presidents Day.
2. BINGO: Tuesday, February 11th 5:30 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Special prize this month is dinner for two at La Olla.
3. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled on February 15th due to the Health Fair.
4. CURB AND LEASH YOUR PET: Picking up your dogís waste isnít just a common courtesy, itís a City Ordinance, itís a health imperative and itís part of the governing documents. Rules and Regulations state that: Pet owners must pick up and dispose of pet litter immediately and properly dispose of it in a trash container. All pets must be under owner's physical control by leash when in the common area. Picking up after your dog helps reduce the likelihood of its fecal bacteria ending up in an increasingly contaminated water supply. The landscapers and maintenance team are not responsible for picking up after your pet -- itís your responsibility. Please be a responsible pet owner.
5. HEALTH FAIR: Saturday, February 15th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
6. MICHIGAN GET TOGETHER: Mark your calendars for Friday, February 28th at 4:30 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Bring stories and appetizers to share with fellow Ďganders.'
7. MIKEíS VALENTINES DANCE: Friday, February 14th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. 50ís - 80ís music. FREE. BYOB and Snacks. Sponsored by the Activities Committee.
8. POOL/SPA: The pool is closed until further notice; however, the spa is open. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will keep you updated.
9. POOL COMMITTEE: On January 25th, 2020, the newly formed Pool Committee recommended, to the Board, installing a quality commercial salt system. Also, results of the two Strategic Planning surveys (400 completed) 42% put the pool issues as #1 priority and 72% of respondents voted YES on having a Salt System. Residents agree that this project must be done as soon as possible. The committee is prioritizing the lists and costs of other pool items and learned that the best time to do replacement/upgrades is during the months of March, April or October.
10. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE: Due to an unfortunate loss of our Survey Data beyond FSR's control, we must ask that those Owners who indicated that they want to be on upcoming committees to send their name, phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Come Join US!
11. SUNDAY HELP SESSION: Do you need help with your phone, tablet or laptop? Stop by the Tech Lab Sunday between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to get help from the Tech Club and Marana Honor Society Students.
12. TRAVEL CLUB: For those going to see La Cage Aux Folles this Saturday: The bus will leave at 10:00 a.m. We should be back between 6:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.The suggested dress is business casual.
13. VINTAGE GARDENERS MEETING: Monday, February 10th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. Find out the what, why, how of Bitters (herbs) with our guest speaker from Tucson Herbalist Society. Members only - but you can purchase the $5 membership at the door. Club meeting immediately after speaker so wear your club pin and bring $$$ for the 50/50 drawing.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association