The Sunflower Communicator
|January 30, 2020||
Volume 10, Number 5
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 748
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BOCCE: The Sunflower Bocce Club took home a Womenís Gold, Menís Gold, Coed Silver and a Womenís Bronze medal in last weekís Tucson Senior Olympic Bocce Tournament held at Sun City Oro Valley Bocce Club. See details on our Centerís kiosk or the March issue of the Sun Catcher.
2. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled on February 15th due to the Health Fair.
3. CRAZY RHYTHM: Paul Mowatt (Piano) and Allen Fannin (Trumpet) will be performing several songs from the Big Band Era for the listening enjoyment of residents and their guests. Guests may bring their preferred beverages.The next event will be held in the Sunflower Fiesta Room, Friday January 31st from 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
4. CURB AND LEASH YOUR PET: Picking up your dogís waste isnít just a common courtesy, itís a City Ordinance, itís a health imperative and itís part of the governing documents. Rules and Regulations state that: Pet owners must pick up and dispose of pet litter immediately and properly dispose of it in a trash container. All pets must be under owner's physical control by leash when in the common area. Picking up after your dog helps reduce the likelihood of its fecal bacteria ending up in an increasingly contaminated water supply. The landscapers and maintenance team are not responsible for picking up after your pet -- itís your responsibility. Please be a responsible pet owner.
5. HEALTH FAIR: Saturday, February 15th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
6. INTERIM MANAGER: Please give a warm welcome to our interim manager, Kelsey Beck. Kelsey has 10+ years of HOA management experience and will be filling in until Cathy returns from leave.
7. MIKEíS VALENTINES DANCE: Friday, February 14th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. 50ís - 80ís music. FREE. BYOB and Snacks. Sponsored by the Activities Committee.
8. POOL: Pool repairís have been completed. It will be a day or two before it is fully heated.
9. SOCIAL CLUB: There is a limited amount of tickets left for our February 15th ďRodeo NightĒ. Our sales desk will be on Thursday, February 6th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. The entertainment for the night will be Ray Funk singing cowboy songs.The revised menu is pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, coleslaw, cowboy caviar and dessert. Price is $10 and membership is required.
10. SUNFLOWER STRATEGIC COMMUNITY TASK FORCE SURVEY RESULTS: 400+ residents completed the Task Force Survey. 42% of Sunflower residents that answered the survey identified the pool as the top asset (34% indicated Landscaping, 13.9% indicated Communication, 9.54% indicated Sports Courts) in need of improvement and 72% want a salt water pool. Based on the survey, the Pool Committee is moving forward and will be presenting at the Study Session on January 25th. Full results will be published after Board approval.
Thank you so much for completing the survey!!!!!!
11. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk is Wednesday, February 5th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tickets are still available for the March 4th Heirloom Flea Market/ASARCO Copper Mine/Agave Restaurant/Desert Diamond Casino trip - $48. Please remember that the final payments for the San Diego trip are due by February 19th.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association