The Sunflower Communicator
|January 23, 2020||
Volume 10, Number 4
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 744
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BOCCE TOURNAMENT: Sunflower Bocce Club will be competing in the Tucson Senior Olympics to be held at the Sun City Oro Valley Bocce courts. Co-Ed: Jan 24th-25th. All are welcome to come support your home teams in this tournament. For details, contact Ed Alsobrooks.
2. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled for January 25th and February 15th.
3. CURB AND LEASH YOUR PET: Picking up your dog’s waste isn’t just a common courtesy, it’s a city ordinance, it’s a health imperative and it’s part of the governing documents. Rules and Regulations state that, Pet owners must pick up and dispose of pet litter immediately and properly dispose of it in a trash container. All pets must be under owner's physical control by leash when in the common area. Picking up after your dog helps reduce the likelihood of its fecal bacteria ending up in an increasingly contaminated water supply. The landscapers and maintenance team are not responsible for picking up after you pet -- it’s your responsibility. Please be a responsible pet owner.
4. GREAT MINNESOTA GET TOGETHER: Sunday, January 26th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Bring an appetizer to share and wear your Minnesota garb!
5. HEALTH FAIR: Saturday, February 15th from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
6. INTERIM MANAGER: Please give a warm welcome to our interim manager, Kelsey Beck. Kelsey has 10+ years of HOA management experience and will be filling in until Cathy returns from leave.
7. MIKE’S VALENTINES DANCE: Friday February 14th from 6:00 p.m. -8:30 p.m. 50’s - 80’s music. No charge. BYOB and Snacks. Sponsored by the Activities Committee
8. PICKLEBALL: We want to congratulate the winners of our first, Round Robin Tournament. The winners of the Competitive Morning Players are: Group 1 – Gaylen Waynar; Group 2 – Tim Lardy; Group 3 – Tied for 1st are Pat Cox and Larry Melin. The winners of the Social Evening Players are: Group 1 – Steve Burrows; Group 2 – Jim Dramstad; Group 3 – Michele Juliano. Thank you to all members who participated.
9. SOCIAL CLUB: We will be selling tickets for our February 15th “Rodeo Night” on Tuesday, January 28th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Our entertainment for the night will be Ray Funk, singing cowboy songs. The revised menu is pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, coleslaw, cowboy caviar and dessert. Price is $10 and membership is required.
10. STUDY SESSION: Saturday, January 25th at 9:00 a.m. Coffee and donuts will be available.
11. SUNFLOWER STRATEGIC COMMUNITY TASK FORCE SURVEY RESULTS: 400+ residents completed the Task Force survey. 42% of Sunflower residents that answered the survey identified the pool as the top asset (34% indicated Landscaping, 13.9% indicated Communication, 9.54% indicated Sports Courts) in need of improvement and 72% want a salt water pool. Based on the survey, the Pool Committee is moving forward and will be presenting at the Study Session on January 25th. Full results will be published after Board approval.
Thank you so much for completing the survey!!!!!!
12. VALENTINE WEDDING PHOTO POTLUCK: Thursday, February 13th. Tickets will be on sale on Monday, January 27th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and Wednesday, January 29th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Cost is $2.00/person for a side dish or desert and should feed 10-12 people and still free for a main dish. Water and Tea will be served but feel free to bring your favorite beverage if you so desire.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association