The Sunflower Communicator
|January 16, 2020||Volume 10, Number 3|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 743
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BOCCE TOURNAMENT: Sunflower Bocce Club will be competing in the Tucson Senior Olympics to be held at the Sun City Oro Valley Bocce courts. Women: Jan 20st-21st, Men: Jan 22nd-23rd and Co-Ed: Jan 24th-25th. All are welcome to come support your home teams in this tournament. For details, contact Ed Alsobrooks.
2. CHECK YOUR PROFILE: Please click the "update your preferences" link at the bottom of this email to make sure that your Communicator profile contains your complete name and Sunflower address. This information is useful in determining how many Sunflower households are receiving the Communicator. There are still over 300 profiles without addresses.
3. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled for January 25th.
4. FUN KARAOKE: With oldies Singalongs. Tuesday, January 21st at 6:00 p.m. (New Start Time).
5. GREAT MINNESOTA GET TOGETHER: Sunday, January 26th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Bring an appetizer to share and wear your Minnesota garb!
6. HEALTH FAIR: Saturday, February 15th, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
7. SOCIAL CLUB:We will start selling tickets for our February 15th “Rodeo Night” at this Saturday night’s monthly event. Tickets are $10. Bring your $5 membership dues if you haven’t already paid them.
8. STUDY SESSION: Saturday, January 25th at 9:00 a.m. Coffee and donuts will be available.
9. TRAVEL CLUB: Our next sales desk is Wednesday, January 22nd from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tickets are on sale for the March 4th Heirloom Flea Market/ASARCO Copper Mine/Agave Restaurant/Desert Diamond Casino trip - $48. Reminder: Final payments for San Diego trip are due February 19th. Bus for January 17th’s Kartchner Caverns/Amerind Museum trip leaves at 8:30 a.m.
10. VALENTINE WEDDING PHOTO POTLUCK: Thursday, February 13th. Tickets will be on sale on Monday, January 27th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and Wednesday, January 29th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Cost is $2.00/person for a side dish or desert and should feed 10-12 people and still free for a main dish. Water and Tea will be served but feel free to bring your favorite beverage if you so desire.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association