The Sunflower Communicator
|January 2, 2020||Volume 10, Number 1|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 749
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BOARD MEETING: Wednesday, January 8th at 2:00 p.m.
2. CHECK YOUR PROFILE: Please click the "update your preferences" link at the bottom of this email to make sure that your Communicator profile contains your complete name and Sunflower address. This information is useful in determining how many Sunflower households are receiving the Communicator.
3. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled for January 25th.
4. DINE OUT MEETING: Monday, January 6th at 4:00 p.m. in the Craft Room. We will meet to form lunch and dinner groups. Please check Sun Catcher for more details.
5. HOMELESS ANIMALS: Many thanks to all those who donated to homeless animals. Your generosity and kindness is appreciated.
6. LADIES LUNCH: January 8th Ladies Lunch will be at the Longhorn Steakhouse. It is located at 4421 N. Oracle, across the street from the Tucson Mall. Social is at 11:30 a.m. , lunch will be served at 12:00 p.m. We will order off the menu. Please sign up at the front desk by December 31st
7. MARANA FOOD BANK: A special and heartful thanks to all the Sunflower residents who donated to the Marana Community Food Bank.
Your donations and generosity along with BrightView matching donations per pound made it possible for Sunflower to donate 660 pounds of food.
8. “On the Threshold of Grace:"
~A Women’s Mini-Retreat to Welcome the New Year~
WHEN: Saturday, January 11, 2020 – 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (please arrive by 12:45 p.m.)
WHERE: Craft Room
WHAT TO BRING: See activity description in January “Sun Catcher” or speak with Donna-Marie
FEE: No cost, but donations appreciated
RESERVATION: Please call (619) 840-2960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN January 8TH.
This is not a drop-in activity.
LEADER: Donna-Marie Terranova, Chaplain and Bereavement Counselor
9. POTLUCK: Howdy Partners! The January 9, 2020, potluck will “sport” Western Attire. Get out those western hats, cowboy boots and bolo ties and come join in the fun. Tickets will go on sale Friday, Jan 3rd , 2020, 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. and Monday, Jan. 6th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Your contact person is Marcia Johnson, (360) 301-3056.
SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: Tickets for our January 18th “Celebrating Tucson’s Hispanic Heritage” event will be on sale next Tuesday, January 7th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. We will be serving a mild Mexican style dinner followed with entertainment by a youth Mariachi band. Check your Sun Catcher for more details. Tickets are $10. This is for Members Only. It is time to pay your $5 dues for 2020 if you haven’t already done so.
10. STUDY SESSION: Saturday, January 25th at 9:00 a.m. Coffee and Donuts will be available.
11. TRAVEL CLUB SALES DESK: Wednesday, January 8th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m Last day for Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum and La Cage Aux Folles tickets. Sales start for March 4th Green Valley Heirloom Farmers Market/Copper Mine/Desert Diamond Casino trip. Please note that Sun Catcher article is incorrect. The price is now $48 but does not include dinner. Option to go directly to the casino after the Farmers Market if you want to skip the mine tour.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2020 Sunflower Community Association