The Sunflower Communicator
|December 26, 2019||Volume 9, Number 54|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 748
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES CLOSED: Tuesday, December 31st and Wednesday, January 1st.
2. BOARD MEETING: Wednesday, January 8th at 2:00 p.m.
3. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled for January 25th.
4. HOMELESS ANIMALS: A donation box has been set up in the Village Center Lobby for homeless animals. Please drop off donated dog and cat food, towels and blankets (they don’t have to be new). If you need your item(s) picked up, drop your name and number in the donation box to schedule a pickup.
5. LADIES LUNCH: January 8th Ladies Lunch will be at the Longhorn Steakhouse. It is located at 4421 N. Oracle, across the street from the Tucson Mall. Social is at 11:30 a.m. , lunch will be served at 12:00 p.m. We will order off the menu. Please sign up at the front desk by December 31st
6. MARANA FOOD BANK: A special and heartful thanks to all the Sunflower residents who donated to the Marana Community Food Bank.
Your donations and generosity along with BrightView matching donations per pound made it possible for Sunflower to donate 660 pounds of food.
7. MARANA LIONS 4TH ANNUAL “YOUTH ON THEIR OWN”: Educating homeless teens and investing in Arizona’s Future. Please donate personal hygiene items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, body soap, hand sanitizers, shampoo, socks, underwear and gloves. The collection box will be at the Village Center for collections until January 1, 2020.
8. “On the Threshold of Grace:"
~A Women’s Mini-Retreat to Welcome the New Year~
WHEN: Saturday, January 11, 2020 – 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (please arrive by 12:45 p.m.)
WHERE: Craft Room
WHAT TO BRING: See activity description in January “Suncatcher” or speak with Donna-Marie
FEE: No cost, but donations appreciated
RESERVATION: Please call (619) 840-2960 or email email@example.com NO LATER THAN January 8TH.
This is not a drop-in activity.
LEADER: Donna-Marie Terranova, Chaplain and Bereavement Counselor
9. POOL COMMITTEE: Are you passionate about the pool here at Sunflower? If so, volunteer to be part of the Pool Committee. Pick up an application at the front desk or download a Sunflower Committee Application online at Sunflowerliving.com, under forms. Please turn in applications to Ann Marie at the Village Center or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. POTLUCK: Howdy Partners! The January 9, 2020, potluck will “sport” Western Attire. Get out those western hats, cowboy boots and bolo ties and come join in the fun. Tickets will go on sale Friday, Jan 3rd , 2020, 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. and Monday, Jan. 6th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Your contact person is Marcia Johnson, (360) 301-3056.
11. STUDY SESSION: Saturday, January 25th at 9:00 a.m. Coffee and Donuts will be available.
12. TRAVEL CLUB: The last day to buy tickets for our January and February trips is Wednesday, January 8th, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum January 17th trip is $80. 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Two venues with a box lunch included. La Cage Aux Folles is on February 8th from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00p.m. $105 includes lunch followed by matinee performance.
13. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS:
Tuesday, December 31st 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 1st CLOSED
14. NEEDED: Spread the word, Sunflower is in dire need of 2-3 volunteers to help in webcasting the board meetings. Webcasting makes it possible for all residents in the community to have access to open meetings and, in particular those who are unable to attend. If you are interested please email Ann Marie at email@example.com
15. 2019 NEW HOMEOWNERS: Please mark your calendars for a New Resident Welcome Party, Saturday, February 29, 2020 (not February 8th) 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. A formal invitation will follow later in the month.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association