Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|December 5, 2019||Volume 9, Number 51|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 747
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed Tuesday, December 24th, Wednesday, December 25th, Tuesday, December 31st and Wednesday, January 1st.
2. BOCCE: The Sunflower Bocce Club is currently collecting dues for 2020. We will be collecting, at the courts, during regular play times on Tuesdays and Thursday. Dues are $5. See ya out there.
3. BOARD MEETING: Wednesday, December 11th at 2:00 p.m. Please note that the meeting time has been changed from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
4. GENEALOGY SOCIETY: Tuesday December 17th at 2:00 p.m. “Photo Finish: Dating, Identifying & Archiving Photographs” by Paulette Weiser, a Sunflower requests you bring in any photos you have that might be of interest and if you have family photos that have stumped you, you may get some tips to help you in determining their date and their content.
5. HOMELESS ANIMALS: A donation box has been set up in the Village Center Lobby for homeless animals. Please drop off donated dog and cat food and towels and blankets (they don’t have to be new). If you need your item(s) picked up drop you name and number in the donation box to schedule a pickup.
6. MARANA FOOD BANK/BRIGHTVIEW: Did you know that Sunflower residents donate to the Marana Food Bank and there is a basket to drop the food in at the center? Our Sunflower Landscape Company (BrightView) would like to partner with Sunflower with a canned food drive. Brightview will match in pounds what Sunflower donates to the Marana Food Bank from December 9th-23rd. Sunflower residents are very giving, let’s continue to be in the giving spirit during the holidays to help those in need with adding to this ongoing Food Drive.
7. MARANA LIONS 4TH ANNUAL “YOUTH ON THEIR OWN”: Educating homeless teens. Investing in Arizona’s Future. Please donate personal hygiene items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, body soap, hand sanitizers, shampoo, socks, underwear and gloves. The collection box will be at the Village Center for collections until January 1, 2020.
8. “MAY WE ALWAYS REMEMBER THEM”: ~A Holiday Service in Remembrance of Our Loved Ones~ Please join us for a brief gathering to remember your loved one’s life (yes, your deceased pets may be remembered, as well).
WHEN: Friday, December 20th at 6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Sunflower Community Center – back patio by the grill & fireplace
WHAT TO BRING: Photo of your loved one and a flashlight.
LEADER: Donna-Marie Terranova, Chaplain and Bereavement Counselor
9. PAINT – N – SIP NIGHT: Back by popular demand!!! Friday, December 13th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available at the Village Center on December 3rd from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and December 5th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint 2 wine glasses.
10. PAINTING UNCORKED: All supplies included, $25. Sunday, December 15th. In the craft room. 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.. For enrollment please call Sharon at 520-971-7769
11. PICKLEBALL HOLIDAY CAROLING AND PARTY: December 18, 2019. Meet at the Center at 4:30 p.m. Pickleball members are invited to meet at the Center to go caroling and enjoy cookies and hot cider afterward on the Patio. The Club will provide hot cider and we would like those participating to bring ½ dozen cookies. We will pass out copies of Christmas Carols to sing. If you know of neighbors who would enjoy our visit, please let us know.
12. POTLUCK: We have a limited number of tickets left for the Dec. 9th potluck (3 tickets). If you are unable to attend or would like to go on a waiting list, please contact Helen Crandall, (989) 370-1212. GENTLE REMINDER: Those who are bringing meat or desserts, please cut into serving sizes before bringing your item to the Center. Remember that we need a minimum of 12 servings per dish. Thanks!
13. SOCIAL CLUB: We will be selling tickets for our December 21st “Christmas Comfort Food” event on Tuesday December 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. $10 per person. Details are in the December Sun Catcher. Membership required.
14. SOLICITORS: Please report solicitors in the neighborhood by calling the Marana Police non-emergency phone number 520.382.2000. Politics and Religion are exempt from soliciting and are allowed in non-soliciting communities.
15. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Will be caroling in the Sunflower neighborhood on Friday, December 20th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. If you would like the Chorale to sing in your neighborhood, please contact Suzanne Seville at (520)820-4604.
16. SUNFLOWER CHORALE, CHRISTMAS CONCERT: December 5th and 6th at 4:30 p.m. (doors open at 4:00 p.m.) and December 8th at 2:00 p.m. (doors open at 1:30 p.m.). in the Fiesta Room. Tickets are required. Donations for music purchase are gratefully accepted at each concert.
17. SUNFLOWER STRATEGIC TASK FORCE: MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT!!! Pending board approval on December 11th, a new survey will be coming in mid-December. Watch your email for more information.
18. TOWN OF MARANA: Is working on Sunflower streets. The intersection of Sunflower and Mystic Sky should be completed the 13th and 16th of December.
19. URGENT TECH CLUB TO CLOSE !!!: The Sunflower Tech Club will cease all operations at the end of 2019 unless 4 volunteers come forward to serve as club President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The club has monthly meetings, tech help sessions, and - importantly - maintains the computer lab. All these will end. Want to know more, or to volunteer for next year? Contact president Rick Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-329-8600.
20. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS:
Wednesday, December 24th 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 25th CLOSED
Wednesday, December 31st 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 1st CLOSED
21. WEBSITE NOTICE: In the near future when you attempt to connect to our website you may start seeing warning messages that the site is not secure. Although the site is not certified as “secure”, it does not collect any personal information or tracking data. The password needed to access certain pages is encrypted both in your browser and on our web server. Therefore, there is no more danger in accessing the site now than in the past. The warning can be eliminated by adding our site to your browser’s “trusted sites” list as explained here. We are looking into making it a secure site but the process is rather involved since we are using a “private” web server.
22. WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA: December 14th is Wreaths Across America in coordination with Arizona Veterans’ Memorial Cemetery. Residents can purchase wreaths by going to www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/az0009p, then scroll down to "Sponsor Wreaths". They can purchase a wreath for a veteran and, if they would like, come out to the cemetery on the 14th at 10:00 a.m. and lay the wreath on a veteran’s grave.
23. 2019 NEW HOMEOWNERS: Please mark your calendars for a New Resident Welcome Party, Saturday, February 29, 2020 (not February 8th) 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. A formal invitation will follow later in the month.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association