Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|November 26, 2019||Volume 9, Number 50|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 748
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Needs two people to step up for the positions of Chair and Co-Chair. In order to continue as of January 2020, both positions will need to be filled.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th.
3. DECEMBER 12TH POTLUCK: Will feature “Christmas Attire!” (Ugly Old Sweaters) Social Hour 5:30 p.m. and Dinner 6:00 p.m. Tickets on Sale Monday, December 2nd, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Thursday, December 5th, 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. Hosts: Helen Crandall, Lillian Fraire, John and Leslie Hatzl
4. GENEALOGY SOCIETY ADVERTISEMENT: Family Tree Maker Program will be offered for $10 (Mac or PC) with a Sunflower Genealogy Membership ($15) through November 30. MyHeritage Library Edition is included in all memberships for online research. Our newest edition, Extra! Extra ! News keeps you up to date with what is going on with genealogy.
5. MARANA LIONS 4TH ANNUAL “YOUTH ON THEIR OWN”: Educating homeless teens. Investing in Arizona’s Future. Please donate personal hygiene items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, body soap, hand sanitizers, shampoo, socks, underwear and gloves. The collection box will be at the Village Center for collections until January 1, 2020.
6. “MAY WE ALWAYS REMEMBER THEM”: ~A Holiday Service in Remembrance of Our Loved Ones~ Please join us for a brief gathering to remember your loved one’s life (yes, your deceased pets may be remembered, as well).
WHEN: Friday, December 20th at 6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Sunflower Community Center – back patio by the grill & fireplace
WHAT TO BRING: Photo of your loved one and a flashlight.
LEADER: Donna-Marie Terranova, Chaplain and Bereavement Counselor
7. PAINT – N – SIP NIGHT: Back by popular demand!!! Friday, December 13th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available at the Village Center on December 3rd from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and December 5th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint 2 wine glasses.
8. PICKLEBALL HOLIDAY CAROLING AND PARTY: December 18, 2019. Meet at the Center at 4:30 p.m. Pickleball members are invited to meet at the Center to go caroling and enjoy cookies and hot cider afterward on the Patio. The Club will provide hot cider and we would like those participating to bring ½ dozen cookies. We will pass out copies of Christmas Carols to sing. If you know of neighbors who would enjoy our visit, please let us know.
9. SOCIAL CLUB: We will be selling tickets for our December 21st “Christmas Comfort Food” event on Tuesday, December 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and again on Tuesday December 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. $10 per person. Details are in the December Sun Catcher. Membership required.
10. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: CHRISTMAS CONCERT December 5th and 6th at 4:30 p.m. and December 8th at 2:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Tickets are required but are free of charge. If you somehow missed the “sales” dates and would like to attend, please call Sandy Persels at 572-1936 and leave a message. I’ll return your call. Donations for music purchase are gratefully accepted at each concert.
11. SUNFLOWER STRATEGIC TASK FORCE: MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT!!! Pending board approval on December 11th, a new survey will be coming in mid-December. Watch your email for more information.
12. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, December 4th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This is the last day to buy tickets for the Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum trip. Tickets are $68. Also on sale are tickets for La Cage Aux Folles on February 8th - $105. Please call Jackie Slingland @ 334-8041 to be put on the wait list for Barleens.
13. URGENT TECH CLUB TO CLOSE !!!: The Sunflower Tech Club will cease all operations at the end of 2019 unless 4 volunteers come forward to serve as club President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The club has monthly meetings, tech help sessions, and - importantly - maintains the computer lab. All these will end. Want to know more, or to volunteer for next year? Contact president Rick Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-329-8600.
14. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: Wednesday, November 27th, 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Thursday, November 28th, Closed.
15. WEBSITE NOTICE: In the near future when you attempt to connect to our website, you may start seeing warning messages that the site is not secure. Although the site is not certified as “secure”, it does not collect any personal information or tracking data. The password needed to access certain pages is encrypted both in your browser and on our web server. Therefore, there is no more danger in accessing the site now than in the past. The warning can be eliminated by adding our site to your browser’s “trusted sites” list as explained here. We are looking into making it a secure site but the process is rather involved since we are using a “private” web server.
16. WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA: December 14th is Wreaths Across America in coordination with Arizona Veterans’ Memorial Cemetery. Residents can purchase wreaths by going to wreathsacrossamerica.org/az0009p, then scroll down to “Sponsor Wreaths." They can purchase a wreath for a veteran and, if they would like, come out to the cemetery on the 14th at 10:00 a.m. and lay the wreath on a veteran’s grave.
17. 5TH FRIDAY’S BACK: Join Us on November 29th at 5:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room for BLACK “RUSH-IN” FRIDAY! Don’t be a Grinch come on out!
WE know you got up early & shopped ’til you dropped. So now rush in to share your deals with friends! Grab your beverage and finger foods or snacks. Guest pass punches will be required at the Desk. $1 in the tip jar is appreciated for provided plates & napkins.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association