The Sunflower Communicator
|November 21, 2019||Volume 9, Number 49|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 749
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Needs two people to step up for the positions of Chair and Co-Chair. In order to continue as of January 2020, both positions will need to be filled.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th.
3. COMMUNICATOR DEADLINE: Due to the holiday, the deadline for the communicator next week is Tuesday by 10:00 a.m. The communicator will go out either Tuesday or Wednesday.
4. CRAZY RHYTHM: Come relax and reminisce to the sounds of the Big Band era presented by Paul Mowatt and Allen Fannin Friday, November 22nd in the Sunflower Fiesta Room 6:00 p.m to 7:30 p.m. Feel free to bring your favorite beverages or snacks and invite your friends.
5. DECEMBER 12TH POTLUCK: Will feature “Christmas Attire!” (Ugly Old Sweaters) Social Hour 5:30 p.m. and Dinner 6:00 p.m. Tickets on Sale Monday, December 2nd, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Thursday, December 5th, 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. Hosts: Helen Crandall, Lillian Fraire, John and Leslie Hatzl
6. FREE HEALTH, HOME & RESOURCE EXPO: Monday, November 25th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room at Sunflower. Gift bag at registration, raffle tickets, giveaways, health screenings, lite bites & beverages, Vacation giveaway, Consultation, home improvement, Financial Advisors, DNA screenings, assisted living & home care options, and phones for the hearing impaired. Over 30 Vendors.
7. GENEALOGY SOCIETY ADVERTISEMENT: Family Tree Maker Program will be offered for $10 (Mac or PC) with a Sunflower Genealogy Membership ($15) through November 30. MyHeritage Library Edition is included in all memberships for online research. Our newest edition, Extra! Extra ! News keeps you up to date with what is going on with genealogy
8. PAINT – N – SIP NIGHT: Back by popular demand!!! Friday, December 13th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available at the Village Center on December 3rd from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and December 5th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint 2 wine glasses.
9. PICKLEBALL CLUB FALL HOURS: Social/Beginners play Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Wednesday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Competitive/Advanced play Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. All levels play Saturday morning from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Interested in learning the game, free lessons can be arranged by calling or texting Billy Lackey at 520-870-9111.
10. SOCIAL CLUB: We will be selling tickets for our December 21st “Christmas Comfort Food” event on Tuesday, December 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and again on Tuesday December 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. $10 per person. Details are in the December Sun Catcher. Membership required.
11. TECH CLUB TO CLOSE: The Sunflower Tech Club will cease all operations at the end of 2019 unless 4 volunteers come forward to serve as club President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The club has monthly meetings, tech help sessions, and - importantly - maintains the computer lab. All these will end. Want to know more, or to volunteer for next year? Contact president Rick Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-329-8600.
12. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, December 4th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This is the last day to buy tickets for the Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum trip. Tickets are $68. Also on sale are tickets for La Cage Aux Folles on February 8th - $105. Please call Jackie Slingland @ 334-8041 to be put on the wait list for Barleens.
13. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: Wednesday, November 27th, 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Thursday, November 28th, Closed.
14. WEBSITE NOTICE: In the near future when you attempt to connect to our website you may start seeing warning messages that the site is not secure. Although the site is not certified as “secure”, it does not collect any personal information or tracking data. The password needed to access certain pages is encrypted both in your browser and on our web server. Therefore, there is no more danger in accessing the site now than in the past. The warning can be eliminated by adding our site to your browser’s “trusted sites” list as explained here. We are looking into making it a secure site but the process is rather involved since we are using a “private” web server.
15. WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA: December 14th is Wreaths Across America in coordination with Arizona Veterans’ Memorial Cemetery. Residents can purchase wreaths by going to www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/az0009p, then scroll down to “sponsor a wreath”. They can purchase a wreath for a veteran and, if they would like, come out to the cemetery on the 14th at 10:00 a.m. and lay the wreath on a veteran’s grave.
16. 5TH FRIDAY’S BACK: Join Us on November 29th at 5:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room for BLACK “RUSH-IN” FRIDAY! Don’t be a Grinch come on out!
WE know you got up early & shopped ’til you dropped. So now rush in to share your deals with friends! Grab your beverage and finger foods or snacks. Guest pass punches will be required at the Desk. $1 in the tip jar is appreciated for provided plates & napkins.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Tuesday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association