Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|November 14, 2019||Volume 9, Number 48|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 748
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. SPECIAL BOARD MEETING: To fill board vacancy and elect officers and liaisons. Monday, November 18th at 10:00 a.m.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th.
3. ARTIST GALLERY: We need Sunflower Artists to volunteer for an Art Display for the months of June, July, August or September, 2020. The Village Center Display is a joy to all who visit the Center. Please volunteer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled for November 16th due to “Get your “go” on breakfast."
5. CONTINENTAL RANCH WEBSITE: Did you know that you can view Continental Ranch’s monthly newsletter on their website.
Here is the link: https://crcatucson.com
6. CRAZY RHYTHM: Come relax and reminisce to the sounds of the Big Band era presented by Paul Mowatt and Allen Fannin Friday, November 22nd in the Sunflower Fiesta Room 6:00 p.m to 7:30 p.m. Feel free to bring your favorite beverages or snacks and invite your friends.
7. DECEMBER 12TH POTLUCK: Will feature “Christmas Attire!” (Ugly Old Sweaters) Social Hour 5:30 p.m. and Dinner 6:00 p.m. Tickets on Sale Monday, December 2nd, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Thursday, December 5th, 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. Hosts: Helen Crandall, Lillian Fraire, John and Leslie Hatzl
8. ERROR ON FITNESS CALENDAR: Thursday the 21st should say 8:15 a.m., Fun & Fit, 9:20 a.m. Chair Yoga, 10:30 a.m. Stretch & Tone and 11:30 a.m. Strength & Balance.
9. FREE HEALTH, HOME & RESOURCE EXPO: Monday, November 25th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room at Sunflower. Gift bag at registration, raffle tickets, giveaways, health screenings, lite bites & beverages, Vacation giveaway, Consultation, home improvement, Financial Advisors, DNA screenings, assisted living & home care options, and phones for the hearing impaired. Over 30 Vendors.
10. GENEALOGY SOCIETY ADVERTISEMENT: Family Tree Maker Program will be offered for $10 (Mac or PC) with a Sunflower Genealogy Membership ($15) through November 30. MyHeritage Library Edition is included in all memberships for online research. Our newest edition, Extra! Extra ! News keeps you up to date with what is going on with genealogy
11. “GET YOUR “GO” ON BREAKFAST”: Saturday, November 16th at 8:00 a.m. Registration necessary at wildcatsxpress.com/sunflowerbreakfast/. This will be in the Fiesta Room and is a Free breakfast. There will be no Coffee Klatch on that day.
12. HOW WILL I GET THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS: Facilitator: Donna-Marie Terranova, Chaplain & Bereavement Counselor Four Friday Evenings: Novemember 15th, 22nd and December 6th, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Sunflower Center Conference Room Registration by November 5th – call (520) 989-9154 or (619) 840-2960. This is an educational program for those experiencing loss and grief due to the death of a loved one. Commitment to all four sessions is requested with registration required. No fee; donation basis.
13. MURDER MYSTERY DINNER: Please feel free to bring your own preferred beverage. We are not allowed to serve alcohol but you can serve yourself and the play will be much funnier. We are serving lemonade and we encourage everyone to have a sample.
14. OLDIES KARAOKE, FUN KARAOKE: Tuesday, November 19th at 6:30 p.m. Al on trumpet plus favorite Singalong.
15. PAINT – N – SIP NIGHT: Back by popular demand!!! Friday, December 13th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available at the Village Center on December 3rd from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and December 5th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint 2 wine glasses.
16. PICKLEBALL CLUB FALL HOURS: Social/Beginners play Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Wednesday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Competitive/Advanced play Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. All levels play Saturday morning from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Interested in learning the game, free lessons can be arranged by calling or texting Billy Lackey at 520-870-9111.
17. SOCIAL CLUB: For those attending our November 16th “Fall Feast Potluck” please bring $10 to buy your ticket for December’s event. Details will be given at the potluck as well as in the December Sun Catcher. We will also be selling tickets on December 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and December 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
18. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Christmas Concert dates and times are December 5th and 6th at 4:30 p.m. and December 8th at 2:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Tickets are required but are free of charge. Remaining ticket “sales” dates and times are November 18th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and November 21st from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Donations for music purchase are gratefully accepted at each concert.
19. TECH CLUB MEETING: Will feature an open discussion on all kinds of technology topics - bring your questions. We’ll also talk about the future - if any - of the club. All are welcome. Wednesday, November 20th, at 10:00 a.m
20. TECH CLUB TO CLOSE: The Sunflower Tech Club will cease all operations at the end of 2019 unless 4 volunteers come forward to serve as club President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The club has monthly meetings, tech help sessions, and - importantly - maintains the computer lab. All these will end. Want to know more, or to volunteer for next year? Contact president Rick Bailey at email@example.com or 520-329-8600.
21. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, November 20th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This is the final day to buy tickets for the Barleens December 14th trip - $68. Tickets are still available for the Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum and La Cage Aux Folles trips. Details in Sun Catcher. Bus for November 18th Mystery Trip leaves at 9:15 am. Wear comfortable walking shoes and comfortable dress. All venues are indoors.
22. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: Wednesday, November 27th, 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Thursday, November 28th, Closed.
23. 5TH FRIDAY’S BACK: Join Us on November 29th at 5:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room for BLACK “RUSH-IN” FRIDAY! Don’t be a Grinch come on out!
WE know you got up early & shopped ’til you dropped. So now rush in to share your deals with friends! Grab your beverage and finger foods or snacks. Guest pass punches will be required at the Desk. $1 in the tip jar is appreciated for provided plates & napkins.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association