Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|November 7, 2019||Volume 9, Number 47|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 746
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. 12th ANNUAL VETERANS MEMORIAL PROGRAM: Monday, November 11, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. in front of the Village Center.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th.
3. ARTIST GALLERY: We need Sunflower Artists to volunteer for an Art Display for the months of June, July, August or September, 2020. The Village Center Display is a joy to all who visit the Center. Please volunteer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION: Final Reminder to Vote!
Electronic ballots were re-sent to all home owners with e-mail addresses on Monday, November 4th, to those who had not yet voted electronically. The deadline to vote electronically or by mail–in or hand-delivered ballots (to the ballot box in the Center) is 5:00 p.m. Sunday, November 10th.
A final opportunity to vote by paper ballot will be just before the Annual Meeting at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 13th. Come to the Annual Meeting on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. and learn who the two elected members on the Board of Directors will be.
5. BOARD OF DIRECTORS VACANCY: There is a vacancy on the Board of Directors due to a director selling their home. If you are interested in being considered to fill this vacancy for one year please pick up an application either at the front desk or on the Sunflower website. The deadline for the application is November 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
6. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled for November 9th due to the Arts & Crafts Fair and November 16th due to “Get your “go” on breakfast."
7. CONTINENTAL RANCH WEBSITE: Did you know that you can view Continental Ranch’s monthly newsletter on their website.
Here is the link: https://crcatucson.com
8. ERROR ON FITNESS CALENDAR: Thursdays 7th, 14th and 21st should say 8:15 a.m., Fun & Fit, 9:20 a.m. Chair Yoga, 10:30 a.m. Stretch & Tone and 11:30 a.m. Strength & Balance.
9. GENEALOGY SOCIETY: Tuesday December 17th at 2:00 p.m. “Photo Finish: Dating, Identifying & Archiving Photographs” by Paulette Weiser, a Sunflower requests you bring in any photos you have that might be of interest and if you have family photos that have stumped you, you may get some tips to help you in determining their date and their content.
10. “GET YOUR “GO” ON BREAKFAST”: Saturday, November 16th at 8:00 a.m. Registration necessary at windcatsexpress.com. This will be in the Fiesta Room and is a Free breakfast. There will be no Coffee Klatch on that day.
11. HOW WILL I GET THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS: Facilitator: Donna-Marie Terranova, Chaplain & Bereavement Counselor Four Friday Evenings: November 8th, 15th, 22nd and December 6th, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Sunflower Center Conference Room Registration by November 5th – call (520) 989-9154 or (619) 840-2960. This is an educational program for those experiencing loss and grief due to the death of a loved one. Commitment to all four sessions is requested with registration required. No fee; donation basis.
12. JEOPARDY NIGHT: Had to be postponed, watch for new date and time.
13. MISSING GREEN PILLOW: A green throw pillow has been missing from the Village Center for over a month. Please check your homes and vehicles to make sure you didn’t accidently take it home with you.
14. NOVEMBER CHOW LINE POTLUCK: Due to unprecedented demand for tickets, we’ve worked with management to add seating for the Chow Line Potluck on November 14th. We’ve seated the waiting list and have a small number of the additional seats available. If your name didn’t get put on the waiting list, or if you’d still like a ticket, please call Richard Long 520-822-4568 ASAP to get one. Leave a message. Please accept our apologies for this confusion.
15. PICKLEBALL CLUB: The annual Pickleball meeting was held on November 3, 2019 with the election of the new officers. Congratulations to Terri Lackey, President; Billy Lackey, Vice President; Pat Cox, Secretary; and Danielle Lardy, Treasurer. For beginners interested in learning the game, free lessons can be arranged by calling or texting Billy Lackey at 520-870-9111. We have all the equipment needed so you just provide a good pair of athletic shoes and a bottle of water.
16. SPECIAL EDITION SUN CATCHER: Is available at the Village Center and online featuring the Board of Director Candidate’s pictures and biographies so you will know the background and experience of each candidate before you vote. Voting will take place starting Oct. 2nd and end on November 10th. Pick up a copy of the Special Edition of the Sun Catcher today.
17. SUNFLOWER ART CLUB AND COLORING BOOK CLUB: Will meet Saturdays 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. We voted and decided not to meet on Wednesdays. The November Sun Catcher said that we meet on Wednesdays in error. If you need more information, please call Billie 520-812-7754.
18. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Christmas Concert dates and times are December 5th and 6th at 4:30 p.m. and December 8th at 2:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Tickets are required but are free of charge. Ticket “sales” dates and times are November 13th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., November 18th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., and November 21st from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Donations for music purchase are gratefully accepted at each concert.
19. TECH CLUB TO CLOSE: The Sunflower Tech Club will cease all operations at the end of 2019 unless 4 volunteers come forward to serve as club President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The club has monthly meetings, tech help sessions, and - importantly - maintains the computer lab. All these will end. Want to know more, or to volunteer for next year? Contact president Rick Bailey at email@example.com or 520-329-8600.
20. TRAVEL CLUB: There are three tickets available for the November 18th Mystery Trip. The price is $72 per person. Please call Nancy Hrigora at 810-923-4117 if interested.
21. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: Will be played on the second and the fourth Sunday of the month from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. starting November 10th.
22. USA TODAY: Portions of the newspaper are disappearing from the Center. Please do not take any portion of the newspaper with you. It is for the enjoyment of ALL resident of Sunflower Community Association.
23. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: Wednesday, November 27th, 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Thursday, November 28th, Closed.
24. WALKING PATH USERS: Please share the pathway. Bicyclist please be more considerate of walkers especially those with canes. They can’t move out of the way as quickly as you can. Bicyclist please ensure that you are following all of Tucson, Bicycle Laws. Riding on the sidewalk in the city of Tucson could result in a $78 fine.
25. WATER AEROBICS: There will be no "official" water aerobics class on Wednesday, November 13th, Robin will be out of town. Anyone who wants to still ecercise, be at the pool at 9:00 a.m.
26. 2019 FINE ARTS & CRAFTS: Is this Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association