The Sunflower Communicator
|October 31, 2019||Volume 9, Number 46|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 744
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ANNUAL MEETING BALLOTS: By now everyone “should” have received either an electronic or mailed ballot. If we had your email address and you can’t find the electronic ballot please check your junk or spam folder. The email came from firstname.lastname@example.org and was sent out October 2nd. Ballots were mailed to just about 200 residents on October 8th. The electronic ballots will be sent again on Monday, November 4th in the afternoon.
The deadlines for electronic & paper ballot voting closes at end of day Sunday, November 10th.
Paper ballots will be available at the Annual Meeting if you cannot make these dates.
2. 12th ANNUAL VETERANS MEMORIAL PROGRAM: Monday, November 11, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. in front of the Village Center.
3. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th.
4. ARTIST GALLERY: We need Sunflower Artists to volunteer for an Art Display for the months of June, July, August and September, 2020. The Village Center Display is a joy to all who visit the Center. Please volunteer by sending an email to email@example.com.
5. BLOCK WATCH PROGRAM: Tuesday, November 5th at 1:30 p.m.
6. BOARD OF DIRECTORS VACANCY: There is a vacancy on the Board of Directors due to a director selling their home. If you are interested in being considered to fill this vacancy for one year please pick up an application either at the front desk or on the Sunflower website. The deadline for the application is November 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
7. CANASTA CANCELLED: Canasta has been cancelled on Thursday, November 7, 2019. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
8. CLUB EXPO 2019 CANCELLED: A total of 8 clubs out of 49 contacted me to participate. There seems to be no interest for this so Activities will cancel this event for this year and possibly for the years going forward. Sorry to the ones who did call. Thank you Sharon Schafle.
9. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled for November 9th due to the Arts & Crafts Fair and November 16th due to “Get your “go” on breakfast."
10. ERROR ON FITNESS CALENDAR: Thursdays 7th, 14th and 21st should say 8:15 a.m., Fun & Fit, 9:20 a.m. Chair Yoga, 10:30 a.m. Stretch & Tone and 11:30 a.m. Strength & Balance
11. FITNESS CLASSES CANCELLED: All fitness classes have been cancelled on Thursday, November 7, 2019. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
12. “GET YOUR “GO” ON BREAKFAST”: Saturday, November 16th at 8:00 a.m. Registration necessary at windcatsexpress.com. This will be in the Fiesta Room and is a Free breakfast. There will be no Coffee Klatch on that day.
13. HOW WILL I GET THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS: Facilitator: Donna-Marie Terranova, Chaplain & Bereavement Counselor Four Friday Evenings: November 8th, 15th, 22nd and December 6th, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Sunflower Center Conference Room Registration by November 5th – call (520) 989-9154 or (619) 840-2960. This is an educational program for those experiencing loss and grief due to the death of a loved one. Commitment to all four sessions is requested with registration required. No fee; donation basis.
14. JEOPARDY NIGHT: Had to be postponed, watch for new date and time.
15. MISSING GREEN PILLOW: A green throw pillow has been missing from the Village Center for over a month. Please check your homes and vehicles to make sure you didn’t accidently take it home with you.
16. MURDER MYSTERY DINNER UPDATE (ACTIVITIES): The play sold out in 15 minutes! Unfortunately, due to prior obligations cast members are unable to do a Sunday matinee however we added 3 more tables, 30 more people. I have the waitlist and will post the names at the desk. Money will be collected on our scheduled ticket date of November 7th, 10:00 a.m. -12 :00 p.m. If someone doesn't show I will call next on the list.
17. NOVEMBER CHOW LINE POTLUCK: Tickets on sale November 6th from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Prices: $6 with entree; $9 with salad, vegetable or dessert; $15 if you don’t wish to bring anything (limited number of these tickets available). Bring your own table service. This event is a Veterans Club Fundraiser and always sells out. Get your tickets at your earliest opportunity. See you there
18. POOL UPDATE: The pool is currently operating on chlorine only. The board will be working with the new pool company, Classic Pools on improvements including adding salt again.
19. SOCIAL CLUB: Last ticket sales for our November 16th “Fall Feast Potluck” is on Tuesday, November 5th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. We’ll provide the turkey and gravy, rolls and butter. You’ll be asked to sign up for a side dish or dessert when buying your ticket for $2. There will be a Line Dance demonstration after the meal. Call Lee Head with questions – 256-0730.
20. SPECIAL EDITION SUN CATCHER: Is available at the Village Center and online featuring the Board of Director Candidate’s pictures and biographies so you will know the background and experience of each candidate before you vote. Voting will take place starting Oct. 2nd and end on November 10th. Pick up a copy of the Special Edition of the Sun Catcher today.
21. SUNFLOWER ART CLUB AND COLORING BOOK CLUB: Will meet Saturdays 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. We voted and decided not to meet on Wednesdays. The November Sun Catcher said that we meet on Wednesdays in error. If you need more information, please call Billie 520-812-7754.
22. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Christmas Concert dates and times are December 5th and 6th at 4:30 p.m. and December 8th at 2:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Tickets are required but are free of charge. Ticket “sales” dates and times are November 13th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., November 18th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., and November 21st from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Donations for music purchase are gratefully accepted at each concert.
23. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, November 6th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This is the last day for the November 18th Mystery Trip if tickets are still available. We’ll also be selling tickets for the Barleens Holiday Show if still available. There will be a Wait List when sold out. There are plenty of tickets left for the Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum and the La Cage Aux Folles show.
24. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: Will be played on the second and the fourth Sunday of the month from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. starting November 10th.
25. USA TODAY: Portions of the newspaper are disappearing from the Center. Please do not take any portion of the newspaper with you. It is for the enjoyment of ALL resident of Sunflower Community Association.
26. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: Wednesday, November 27th, 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Thursday, November 28th, Closed.
27. VINTAGE GARDENERS: Announcing that their November 4th meeting will include speakers enlightening us about Cannabis cultivation and quality products. Members Only. Monday, November 4th, 12:30 p.m. -2:00 p.m.
28. WALKING PATH USERS: Please share the pathway. Bicyclist please be more considerate of walkers especially those with canes. They can’t move out of the way as quickly as you can. Bicyclist please ensure that you are following all of Tucson, Bicycle Laws. Riding on the sidewalk in the city of Tucson could result in a $78 fine.
29. 2019 FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: I need some volunteers during the Arts & Crafts Festival, November 8th & 9th, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., to help out the artists for breaks. Please give Linda Jordan a call at 572-1705 and let me know what day and times you would like to volunteer, so that I can make up a name badge for you. Thank you very much!
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association