Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|October 24, 2019||Volume 9, Number 45|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 744
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. SPECIAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING: Friday October 25th in the Craft Room at 8:00 a.m. The item on the agenda is examining a secondary proposal from an Insurance provider. At the previous Board Meeting, the Board approved to renew the current insurance policy however we were waiting on another provider to give us a quote. It is significantly lower and will be reviewed so the Board can determine whether to change the provider or continue with the current policy.
2. ANNUAL MEETING BALLOTS: By now everyone “should” have received either an electronic or mailed ballot. If we had your email address and you can’t find the electronic ballot please check your junk or spam folder. The email came from firstname.lastname@example.org and was sent out October 2nd. Ballots were mailed to just about 200 residents on October 8th.
If you choose not to vote electronically and would like a paper ballot there is one date on which you can pick up a ballot at the Village Center. The election committee will have ballots at the center on Tuesday October 29th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The deadlines for electronic & paper ballot voting closes at end of day Sunday, November 10th.
Paper ballots will be available at the Annual Meeting if you cannot make these dates.
3. ASSESSMENTS: Have been mailed out. If you haven't received your assessment please contact the Village Center. Preferred method of payment is via ClickPay however if you elect to make your payment at the Village Center please pay via personal check only. Money orders and Cashier checks should be avoided, those type of payments can be impossible to track if there is a problem. Staff is here to help if you have any questions. If you are one of our snowbirds or someone that travels a lot and have trouble getting your mailed statements, we have a solution! Go green and start the benefits of eStatements! To enroll in our eStatement program, please visit
here. By participating, you will have access to view up to 12 months of complete online statements.
4. AI CHI: Has been cancelled for the month of October due to a family emergency.
5. BOARD OF DIRECTORS VACANCY: There is a vacancy on the Board of Directors due to a director selling their home. If you are interested in being considered to fill this vacancy for one year please pick up an application either at the front desk or on the Sunflower website. The deadline for the application is November 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
6. CLUB EXPO 2019 CANCELLED: A total of 8 clubs out of 49 contacted me to participate. There seems to be no interest for this so Activities will cancel this event for this year and possibly for the years going forward. Sorry to the ones who did call. Thank you Sharon Schafle.
7. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been cancelled for November 9th due to the Arts & Crafts Fair and November 16th due to “Get your “go” on breakfast”.
8. CRAZY RHYTHM: Our next music presentation is scheduled for Tuesday October 29th at 6:00 p.m. Sunflower musicians Paul Mowatt & Allen Fannin will be playing a selection of songs from the Big Band era in the Fiesta room. Come relax and reminisce with friends and neighbors to enjoy the sounds of live music. (Feel free to bring your favorite beverage.)
9. “GET YOUR “GO” ON BREAKFAST”: Saturday, November 16th at 8:00 a.m. Registration necessary at windcatsexpress.com. This will be in the Fiesta Room and is a Free breakfast. There will be no Coffee Klatch on that day.
10. HEALTH & SAFETY: If you are not feeling well or are having stomach ailments please do not go in the pool, spa or fitness room.
11. HOW WILL I GET THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS: Facilitator: Donna-Marie Terranova, Chaplain & Bereavement Counselor Four Friday Evenings: November 8th, 15th, 22nd and December 6th, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Sunflower Center Conference Room Registration by November 5th – call (520) 989-9154 or (619) 840-2960. This is an educational program for those experiencing loss and grief due to the death of a loved one. Commitment to all four sessions is requested with registration required. No fee; donation basis.
12. JEOPARDY NIGHT: Had to be postponed, watch for new date and time.
13. MURDER MYSTERY PLAY: Ticket sales Tuesday October 29th 10:00 a.m -12:00 p.m. Second and final sale date Thursday, Nov. 7th 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Pertinent information is in the October issue of the Sun Catcher.
14. NOVEMBER CHOW LINE POTLUCK: Tickets go on sale October 29th from 3:00-5:00 p.m. October 31st from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. November 6th from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Prices are: $6 for an entree; $9 for salad, vegetable and dessert; and $15 if you don’t wish to bring anything (limited number of these tickets available). This event is a Veterans Club Fundraiser and always sells out so get your tickets at your earliest opportunity. See you there.
15. POOL UPDATE: The pool is currently operating on chlorine only. The board will be working with the new pool company, Classic Pools on improvements including adding salt again.
16. SMOKE DETECTOR TIME: Friday, November 1st is the date scheduled to have your smoke detectors or its batteries replaced if service is due. Your Sunflower neighbors who are sponsored by Northwest Fire provide this twice yearly service for those residents who are unable to maintain their smoke detectors themselves. Therefore, if your batteries haven’t been replaced in the last four years or if you wish to replace all your smoke detectors, please stop at the front desk to complete a request to change the batteries (which are provided by the resident) or to obtain information on purchasing new detectors. Purchasing identical smoke detectors is required as team members cannot do new wiring. (The two types of detectors used in our homes are also at the front desk in helping to order new ones. New detectors come with batteries.)
17. SOCIAL CLUB: Tickets will be on sale on Tuesday, Oct 29th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for our November 16th “Fall Feast Potluck”. We’ll provide the turkey and gravy, rolls and butter. You’ll be asked to sign up for a side dish or dessert when buying your ticket for $2. There will be a Line Dance demonstration after the meal.
18. SPECIAL EDITION SUN CATCHER: Is available at the Village Center and online featuring the Board of Director Candidate’s pictures and biographies so you will know the background and experience of each candidate before you vote. Voting will take place starting Oct. 2nd and end on November 10th. Pick up a copy of the Special Edition of the Sun Catcher today.
19. VINTAGE GARDENERS: Announcing that their November 4th meeting will include speakers enlightening us about Cannabis cultivation and quality products. Members Only. Monday, November 4th, 12:30 p.m. -2:00 p.m.
20. WALKING PATH USERS: Please share the pathway. Bicyclist please be more considerate of walkers especially those with canes. They can’t move out of the way as quickly as you can. Bicyclist please ensure that you are following all of Tucson, Bicycle Laws. Riding on the sidewalk in the city of Tucson could result in a $78 fine.
21. 2019 FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: I need some volunteers during the Arts & Crafts Festival, November 8th & 9th, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., to help out the artists for breaks. Please give Linda Jordan a call at 572-1705 and let me know what day and times you would like to volunteer, so that I can make up a name badge for you. Thank you very much!
22. 2019-2020 DIRECTORIES: Are ready for pick-up at the front desk. Please note it is one directory per lot. If you want more than one the cost is $1.00 each.
23. FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING: The meeting scheduled for Monday, October 28th at 10:30 a.m. has been cancelled.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association