Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|October 10, 2019||Volume 9, Number 43|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 745
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ASSESSMENTS: Have been mailed out. If you haven't received your assessment please contact the Village Center. Preferred method of payment is via ClickPay however if you elect to make your payment at the Village Center please pay via personal check only. Money orders and Cashier checks should be avoided, those type of payments can be impossible to track if there is a problem. Staff is here to help if you have any questions. If you are one of our snowbirds or someone that travels a lot and have trouble getting your mailed statements, we have a solution! Go green and start the benefits of eStatements! To enroll in our eStatement program, please visit this site to participate. By participating, you will have access to view up to 12 months of complete online statements.
2. AI CHI: Has been cancelled for the month of October due to a family emergency.
3. BOARD OF DIRECTORS VACANCY: There is a vacancy on the Board of Directors due to a director selling their home. If you are interested in being considered to fill this vacancy for one year please pick up an application either at the front desk or on the Sunflower website. The deadline for the application is November 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
4. BOD ELECTION: Emailed ballots for the Annual Meeting have been sent out. If you did not receive your emailed ballot, check your spam folder. When you cast your vote you will be required to enter your lot number (with the dashes) and the password provided by Simply Voting. Mailed ballots for those who did did not have an email address on file were sent out October 8th. Please vote electronically or return your paper ballot to the Ballot Box in the Center or return by U.S. Mail. Voting for the Board of Directors will close on November 10, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Please be aware that section 3.2.1 of The Sunflower By-laws state; Write-in ballots are not permitted.
5. CLUB EXPO: Is set for Nov 2nd from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. with set up at 10:00 am. This is the time for your club to shine and let new residents know what you are all about. Sunflower has 49 clubs and as of 10.7.19 only 6 clubs have contact me to participate. If we do not get at least two-thirds to register, Activities will need to cancel this event. Deadline to call is 10.14.19 Sharon Schafle 520-401-8824.
6. COMMUNICATOR: Please note that submissions to the communicator are written by residents with the exception of a few that are directed by the board. Management's submissions deal with issues regarding the building and association not activities or events that take place.
7. COMMUNITY YARD SALE: Sign up at the Village Center for the Saturday, October 19th Yard Sale. There is a $5.00 fee to defray the cost of maps, signage, and advertising. The deadline for signing up is Monday, October 14th.
8. CRAZY RHYTHM: Tuesday, October 20th, Sunflower musicians Paul Mowatt & Allen Fannin will be playing a selection of songs from the Big Band era in the Fiesta room. Come relax and reminisce with friends and neighbors to enjoy the sounds of live music. Time is from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Feel free to bring your favorite beverage.)
9. HEALTH & SAFETY: If you are not feeling well or are having stomach ailments please do not go in the pool, spa or fitness room. We want everyone healthy and staying home until you feel better will help make this possible.
10. HOOTENANNY!: Don’t miss the first-ever Sunflower Chorale HOOTENANNY on October 21st and 22nd at 4:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room! There is no charge for the event, but tickets are required and will be available on October 11th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Village Center. Due to space limitations, we can only release two tickets per person. Bring a beverage and come sing along to songs we all know and love!
11. JEOPARDY NIGHT: The Activities Committee has POSTPONED Jeopardy on October 11th to a future date.
12. MURDER MYSTERY PRATICE: Saturday, October 12th from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
13. OLDIES KARAOKE: Fun Karaoke, including Al on trumpet plus favorite Singalongs on Tuesday October 15th @ 6:30pm.
14. OVER SEEDING: The lawn this year is going to be over seeded. Our landscapers Brightview are prepping the ground and very soon our lawns will be beautiful!
15. POOL UPDATE: The pool is currently operating on chlorine only. The board will be working with the new pool company, Classic Pools on improvements including adding salt again.
16. SMOKE DETECTOR TIME: Friday, November 1st is the date scheduled to have your smoke detectors or its batteries replaced if service is due. Your Sunflower neighbors who are sponsored by Northwest Fire provide this twice yearly service for those residents who are unable to maintain their smoke detectors themselves. Therefore, if your batteries haven’t been replaced in the last four years or if you wish to replace all your smoke detectors, please stop at the front desk to complete a request to change the batteries (which are provided by the resident) or to obtain information on purchasing new detectors. Purchasing identical smoke detectors is required as team members cannot do new wiring. (The two types of detectors used in our homes are also at the front desk in helping to order new ones. New detectors come with batteries.)
17. SPECIAL EDITION SUN CATCHER: Is available at the Village Center and online featuring the Board of Director Candidate’s pictures and biographies so you will know the background and experience of each candidate before you vote. Voting will take place starting Oct. 2nd and end on November 10th. Pick up a copy of the Special Edition of the Sun Catcher today.
18. TECH CLUB RETURNS: With a speaker from Tucson Medical Center. Learn about telehealth, including TMC Now, a virtual visit app available via mobile device. Wednesday, Oct. 16th, at 10:00 a.m.
19. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, October 16th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the following trips: Nov 18th Mystery Trip - $72 (date is wrong in October Sun Catcher); Dec 14th Barleen’s Holiday Show - $68; Jan 17th Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum - $80; Feb 8th La Cage Aux Folles - $105. You also can make payments on the San Diego trip if already confirmed.
20. 2019-2020 DIRECTORIES: Are ready for pick-up at the front desk. Please note it is one directory per lot. If you want more than one the cost is $1.00 each.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association