The Sunflower Communicator
|October 3, 2019||Volume 9, Number 42|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 745
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ASSESSMENTS: Have been mailed out. If you haven't received your assessment please contact the Village Center. Preferred method of payment is via ClickPay however if you elect to make your payment at the Village Center please pay via personal check only. Money orders and Cashier checks should be avoided, those type of payments can be impossible to track if there is a problem. Staff is here to help if you have any questions. If you are one of our snowbirds or someone that travels a lot and have trouble getting your mailed statements, we have a solution! Go green and start the benefits of eStatements! To enroll in our eStatement program, please visit
https://estatements.welcomelink.com/arizona to participate. By participating, you will have access to view up to 12 months of complete online statements.
2. BOD ELECTION: Emailed ballots for the Annual Meeting have been sent out. If you did not receive your emailed ballot, check your spam folder. When you cast your vote you will be required to enter your lot number (with the dashes) and the password provided by Simply Voting. Mailed ballots for those who did did not have an email address on file will be sent out next week. Please be aware that section 3.2.1 of The Sunflower By-laws state; Write-in ballots are not permitted.
3. COMMUNICATOR: Please note that submissions to the communicator are written by residents with the exception of a few that are directed by the board. Management's submissions deal with issues regarding the building and association not activities or events that take place.
4. COMMUNITY YARD SALE: Sign up at the Village Center for the Saturday, October 19th Yard Sale. There is a $5.00 fee to defray the cost of maps, signage, and advertising. The deadline for signing up is Monday, October 14th.
5. EAST COAST GET TOGETHER: Friday, October 4th 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Fiesta Room. If you have ever lived in any of the East Coast states (ME to FL) please join us for some fun and food. POTLUCK – bring an appetizer and your own beverage of choice. Donation of $1 to cover the cost of paper goods would be appreciated. DEADLINE for sign up is Sept 27th Call either Jackie at 334-8041 or Carrie at 744-7101
6. HEALTH & SAFETY: If you are not feeling well or are having stomach ailments please do not go in the pool, spa or fitness room. We want everyone healthy and staying home until you feel better will help make this possible.
7. HOOTENANNY!: Don’t miss the first-ever Sunflower Chorale HOOTENANNY on October 21st and 22nd at 4:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room! There is no charge for the event, but tickets are required and will be available on October 8th and 11th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Village Center. Due to space limitations, we can only release two tickets per person. Bring a beverage and come sing along to songs we all know and love!
8. JEOPARDY NIGHT: Friday, October 11th, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Multiple choice questions with 4 or 5 to a table group. Find out things you never knew you needed to know. We guarantee fun & laughs. Beverages & Snacks welcome.
9. LADIES LUNCHEON: October 9th at the Persian Room, 9290 N. Thornydale Road - intersection of Thornydale and Overton. Their lunch specials can be viewed at www.persianroom.com. The social time will be at 11:30 and we will order from their menu at noon. Please sign up at the Village Center desk by 8:00 pm on Saturday October 5th . Questions – call Carolyn at 520-780-4937.
10. MASQUERADE PARTY: Saturday, October 26th 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. DJ Dave, Costume Prizes, Tickets $10. Ticket Sales, Thursday, October 10th at 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
11. MIKES DANCE: Saturday, October 5th, 6:00 p.m. -8:30 p.m. This is a free event offered by a volunteer budding DJ. Bring snacks, beverages and friends.
12. MURDER MYSTERY PRATICE: Saturday, October 12th from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
13. POOL UPDATE: The pool is currently operating on chlorine only. The board will be working with the new pool company, Classic Pools on improvements including adding salt again.
14. POTLUCK: Breast Cancer Potluck October 10th, Missed the ticket sales for potluck, no worry just call Sharyn Fincher at 665-8830 and she will fix you right up. Don't forget wear your PINK.
15. SPECIAL EDITION SUN CATCHER: Is available at the Village Center and online featuring the Board of Director Candidate’s pictures and biographies so you will know the background and experience of each candidate before you vote. Voting will take place starting Oct. 2nd and end on November 10th. Pick up a copy of the Special Edition of the Sun Catcher today.
16. STRATEGIC TASK FORCE SURVEY: The results are in. Thank you to all who participated. Click this link to see the results.
17. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Fall Membership Meeting will be Thursday, October 24th at 6:00 p.m. Come and hear about our planned trips for the season and ask any questions that you might have. This is open to everyone in the community with no charge and no sign up. Memberships and tickets for the trips will be sold after the meeting and light refreshments will be served.
18. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: To stuff the Sun Catcher. This month we have 9 flyers and that takes time. We have some GREAT volunteers however, it will take a few more to make the task move along more quickly. If you are interested in volunteering please send an email to email@example.com or let the front desk know that you are interested.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association