Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|September 26, 2019||Volume 9, Number 41|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 745
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ASSESSMENTS: Have been mailed out. If you haven't received your assessment please contact the Village Center. Preferred method of payment is via ClickPay however if you elect to make your payment at the Village Center please pay via personal check only. Money orders and Cashier checks should be avoided, those type of payments can be impossible to track if there is a problem. Staff is here to help if you have any questions. If you are one of our snowbirds or someone that travels a lot and have trouble getting your mailed statements, we have a solution! Go green and start the benefits of eStatements! To enroll in our eStatement program, please visit
https://estatements.welcomelink.com/arizona to participate. By participating, you will have access to view up to 12 months of complete online statements.
2. BOCCE: The Sunflower Bocce Club will revert to their winter start time, 1:00 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday on October 1. Hope to see you on the courts.
3. COMMUNITY YARD SALE: Sign up at the Village Center for the Saturday, October 19th Yard Sale. There is a $5.00 fee to defray the cost of maps, signage, and advertising. The deadline for signing up is Monday, October 14th.
4. EAST COAST GET TOGETHER: Friday, October 4th 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Fiesta Room. If you have ever lived in any of the East Coast states (ME to FL) please join us for some fun and food. POTLUCK – bring an appetizer and your own beverage of choice. Donation of $1 to cover the cost of paper goods would be appreciated. DEADLINE for sign up is Sept 27th Call either Jackie at 334-8041 or Carrie at 744-7101
5. ELECTION: Election for the Board of Directors is fast approaching. Voting will be done electronically if you have an e-mail address with the Sunflower Community Association. Make sure your e-mail is current by stopping at the Front Desk and asking the attendant to check your e-mail address for accuracy. If you do not have an e-mail address, a paper ballot will be mailed to your mailing address.
6. FITNESS CLUB FUNDRAISER: The Station will be grilling dinner at Music Under the Stars. They will have: a hamburger or cheeseburger or hot dog, condiments, chips and a drink for $8.00. We will also have ice cream bars for $2.00. This is a fundraiser for the Fitness Club and we thank you for your support in the past. See you Saturday, serving starts at 5:00 p.m. , music at 5:30 p.m.
7. HOOTENANNY!: Don’t miss the first-ever Sunflower Chorale HOOTENANNY on October 21st and 22nd at 4:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room! There is no charge for the event, but tickets are required and will be available on October 8th and 11th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Village Center. Due to space limitations, we can only release two tickets per person. Bring a beverage and come sing along to songs we all know and love!
8. JEOPARDY NIGHT: Friday, October 11th, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Multiple choice questions with 4 or 5 to a table group. Find out things you never knew you needed to know. We guarantee fun & laughs. Beverages & Snacks welcome.
9. LADIES LUNCHEON: October 9th at the Persian Room, 9290 N. Thornydale Road - intersection of Thornydale and Overton. Their lunch specials can be viewed at www.persianroom.com. The social time will be at 11:30 and we will order from their menu at noon. Please sign up at the Village Center desk by 8:00 pm on Saturday October 5th . Questions – call Carolyn at 520-780-4937.
10. MASQUERADE PARTY: Saturday, October 26th 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. DJ Dave, Costume Prizes, Tickets $10. Ticket Sales Tuesday, October 1st and Thursday, October 10th both at 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Limited tables and seating so don't procrastinate.
11. MIKES DANCE: Saturday, October 5th, 6:00 p.m. -8:30 p.m. This is a free event offered by a volunteer budding DJ. Bring snacks, beverages and friends. Attendance will determine future "free" dances.
12. MEET THE CANDIDATES: The Election Committee invites all home owners to attend the “Meet the Candidates” sessions:
Thursday September 26th 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday September 28th 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
13. MUSIC UNDER THE STARS: Saturday, September 28th, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. featuring East2West Band a past favorite. The Station will again be serving starting at 5:00 p.m. as a fund raiser for the Fitness Club. Bring your lawn chairs, dancing shoes, friends, neighbors, food & beverages and join the fun free event. If you enjoy this event participation is imperative or it will be cut.
14. PLAYGROUND REMOVAL: The Board of Directors voted unanimously at the September 11, 2019 board meeting to remove the playground behind the Village Center. The structure did not pass inspection. It has not yet been determined what will be done with that particular area.
15. POOL UPDATE: The pool is currently operating on chlorine only. The board will be working with the new pool company, Classic Pools on improvements including adding salt again.
16. POTLUCK TICKET SALES: October 4th Annual Breast Cancer Potluck ticket sales will be Friday, Sept. 27th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., and then again on Monday, Sept 30th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. anyone that can't make those dates can contact Sharyn Fincher at 665-8830.
17. SPECIAL EDITION SUN CATCHER: Is available at the Village Center and online featuring the Board of Director Candidate’s pictures and biographies so you will know the background and experience of each candidate before you vote. Voting will take place starting Oct. 2nd and end on November 10th. Pick up a copy of the Special Edition of the Sun Catcher today.
18. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: Our October 19th event will be a chicken dinner and “toe tapping” entertainment by the Tucson Prunes. Buy your ticket on Monday, Sept 30th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm or Thursday, October 3rd from 10 to Noon for just $10. Call Lee Head @ 520-256-0730 with questions.
19. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, October 2nd from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. for the following trips: Nov 18th Mystery Trip - $72 (date is wrong in October Sun Catcher); Dec 14th Barleens Holiday Show - $68; Jan 17th Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum - $80; Feb 8th La Cage Aux Folles - $105. You also can make payments on the San Diego trip if already confirmed
20. VINTAGE GARDENERS: OCTOBER 14TH - LAST CHANCE to REGISTER. We will be touring the Pima County Extension’s numerous gardens led by a Master Gardener docent. Meet at Center at 9:00 a.m. to carpool. Tour will take about 1 1/2 hrs. outside so wear closed toe shoes , hat and bring water. Head count is required so you must preregister by October 1st. There is no charge. Contact Nancy Hrigora to register 810-923-4117 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association