The Sunflower Communicator
|September 19, 2019||Volume 9, Number 40|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 743
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ASSESSMENTS: Have been mailed out. If you haven't recieved your assessment please contact the Village Center. Preferred method of payment is via ClickPay however if you elect to make your payment at the Village Center please pay via personal check only. Money orders and Cashier checks should be avoided, those type of payments can be impossible to track if there is a problem. Staff is here to help if you have any questions.
2. BOCCE: The Sunflower Bocce Club will revert to their winter start time, 1:00 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday on October 1. Hope to see you on the courts.
3. CRAZY RHYTHM: Friday evening, Sept. 20th, Sunflower musicians Paul Mowatt & Allen Fannin will be playing a selection of songs from the Big Band era in the Fiesta room. Come relax and reminisce with friends and neighbors to enjoy the sounds of live music. Time is from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 pm. (Feel free to bring your favorite beverage.)
4. EAST COAST GET TOGETHER: Friday, October 4th 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Fiesta Room. If you have ever lived in any of the East Coast states (ME to FL) please join us for some fun and food. POTLUCK – bring an appetizer and your own beverage of choice. Donation of $1 to cover the cost of paper goods would be appreciated. DEADLINE for sign up is Sept 27th Call either Jackie at 744-9311 or Carrie at 744-7101
5. ELECTION: Election for the Board of Directors is fast approaching. Voting will be done electronically if you have an e-mail address with the Sunflower Community Association. Make sure your e-mail is current by stopping at the Front Desk and asking the attendant to check your e-mail address for accuracy. If you do not have an e-mail address, a paper ballot will be mailed to your mailing address.
6. FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: If you are interested in participating in the Arts & Crafts Festival November 8th & 9th, you need to get your applications in soon, we are filling up very fast! Applications are available online or at the front desk. If you have any questions call Linda Jordan 572-1705.
7. HOOTENANNY!: Don’t miss the first-ever Sunflower Chorale HOOTENANNY on October 21st and 22nd at 4:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room! There is no charge for the event, but tickets are required and will be available on October 8th and 11th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Village Center. Due to space limitations, we can only release two tickets per person. Bring a beverage and come sing along to songs we all know and love!
8. LADIES LUNCHEON: Wednesday, October 9th at the Persian Room, 9290 N. Thornydale Road - intersection of Thornydale and Overton. Their lunch specials can be viewed at www.persianroom.com. The social time will be at 11:30 a.m. and we will order from their menu at 12:00 p.m.. Please sign up at the Village Center desk by 8:00 p.m. on Saturday October 5th . Questions – call Carolyn at 520-780-4937.
9. LADIES ROUND ROBIN BRIDGE:Sign up for another season. We’ll start off playing the first round together. Teams will be responsible for making arrangements to play one another. We start early October and finish the end of March. Contact Mary Laurie Siebert email@example.com to join the fun. If you have any questions call Mary Laurie 850-5719. The cost is $20 per person. Don’t have a partner, we’ll do our best to find one for you.
10. MEET THE CANDIDATES: The Election Committee invites all home owners to attend the “Meet the Candidates” sessions:
Thursday September 26th 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday September 28th 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
There is a Question Box on the credenza in the Village Center for home owners to submit questions they would like the candidates to answer during the “Meet the Candidates” sessions. The Election Committee will consider all questions and format.
11. PLAYGROUND REMOVAL: The Board of Directors voted unanimously at the September 11, 2019 board meeting to remove the playground behind the Village Center. The structure did past inspection. It has not yet been determined what will be done with that particular area.
12. POOL UPDATE: The pool is currently operating on chlorine only. The board will be working with the new pool company, Classic Pools on improvements including adding salt again.
13. SPECIAL EDITION SUN CATCHER: Is available at the Village Center and online featuring the Board of Director Candidate’s pictures and biographies so you will know the background and experience of each candidate before you vote. Voting will take place starting Oct. 2nd and end on November 10th. Pick up a copy of the Special Edition of the Sun Catcher today.
14. STUDY SESSION: The study session for Wednesday, September 25th has been canceled.
15. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: Our October 19th event will be a chicken dinner and “toe tapping” entertainment by the Tucson Prunes. Buy your ticket on Tuesday, Sept 24th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for just $10.
16. TRAVEL CLUB:2019-2020 Planned Trips: Nov 18th Mystery Trip $72; Dec 14th Barleen’s Christmas Show $68; Jan 17th Karchner Caverns/Amerind Museum $80; Feb 8th La Cage Aux Folles $105; March 24-27 San Diego Trip (Sold Out); Apr 8th Farmer’s Market/Open Pit Mine Tour/Desert Diamond Casino (Price TBD). Check Sun Catchers and Travel Club Bulletin Board for more info.
17. VINTAGE GARDENERS: OCTOBER 14TH - LAST CHANCE to REGISTER. We will be touring the Pima County Extension’s numerous gardens led by a Master Gardener docent. Meet at Center at 9:00 a.m. to carpool. Tour will take about 1 1/2 hrs. outside so wear closed toe shoes , hat and bring water. Head count is required so you must preregister by October 1st. There is no charge. Contact Nancy Hrigora to register 810-923-4117 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association