The Sunflower Communicator
|September 12, 2019||Volume 9, Number 39|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 745
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ASSESSMENTS: Have been mailed out. If you don’t receive your assessment billing by next Wednesday please contact the Village Center.
2. ASSET SALE: The photographs (picture frames not included) that were previously in the Fiesta room are now available for bid until 5:00 p.m. on September 26, 2019. Bids start a $5 and can be viewed at the Village Center or online. Place your bids now before they are gone.
3. CRAZY RHYTHM: Friday evening, Sept. 20th, Sunflower musicians Paul Mowatt & Allen Fannin will be playing a selection of songs from the Big Band era in the Fiesta room. Come relax and reminisce with friends and neighbors to enjoy the sounds of live music. Time is from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 pm. (Feel free to bring your favorite beverage.)
4. EAST COAST GET TOGETHER: Friday, October 4th 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Fiesta Room. If you have ever lived in any of the East Coast states (ME to FL) please join us for some fun and food. POTLUCK – bring an appetizer and your own beverage of choice. Donation of $1 to cover the cost of paper goods would be appreciated. DEADLINE for sign up is Sept 27th Call either Jackie at 744-9311 or Carrie at 744-7101
5. ELECTION: Election for the Board of Directors is fast approaching. Voting will be done electronically if you have an e-mail address with the Sunflower Community Association. Make sure your e-mail is current by stopping at the Front Desk and asking the attendant to check your e-mail address for accuracy. If you do not have an e-mail address, a paper ballot will be mailed to your mailing address.
6. FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: If you are interested in participating in the Arts & Crafts Festival November 8th & 9th, you need to get your applications in soon, we are filling up very fast! Applications are available online or at the front desk. If you have any questions call Linda Jordan 572-1705.
7. LADIES ROUND ROBIN BRIDGE: Sign up for another season. We’ll start off playing the first round together. Teams will be responsible for making arrangements to play the one another. We start early October and finish the end of March. Contact Mary Laurie Siebert email@example.com to join the fun. If you have any questions call Mary Laurie 850-5719. The cost is $20 per person. Don’t have a partner, we’ll do our best to find one for you.
8. MEET THE CANDIDATES: The Election Committee invites all home owners to attend the “Meet the Candidates” sessions:
Thursday September 26th 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday September 28th 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
There is a Question Box on the credenza in the Village Center for home owners to submit questions they would like the candidates to answer during the “Meet the Candidates” sessions. The Election Committee will consider all questions and format.
9. OLDIES KARAOKE: Fun Karaoke, including Al on trumpet plus favorite Singalongs on Tuesday, September 17th at 6:30pm.
10. PAINTING UNCORKED: Class by Sharon Fannin. Think you can’t draw a straight line? Let the Genie out of the bottle. Come discover your inner talents in a fun & supportive environment. All supplies are included for this 4-hour class and everyone takes home a completed painting with bragging rights. Sunday, Sept 15: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Cost: $25 limit 15. Enrollment: (520) 971-7769
11. POOL UPDATE: The pool is currently operating on chlorine only. The board will be working with the new pool company, Classic Pools on improvements including adding salt again.
12. SPECIAL EDITION SUN CATCHER: Is avaiable at the Village Center and online featuring the Board of Director Candidate’s pictures and biographies so you will know the background and experience of each candidate before you vote. Voting will take place starting Oct. 2nd and end on November 10th. Pick up a copy of the Special Edition of the Sun Catcher today.
13. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: For those who have tickets for the White Stallion Ranch: Don’t forget that it is on Thursday September 19th.
14. TILE CLEANING: The Village Center will close on Friday, September 13th at 2:00 p.m. for tile cleaning.
15. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, September 18th from 1:00 to 3:00. We will only be selling Memberships on this day. If you haven't already done so and you plan on going on any of our upcoming trips please come and pay your $5 Membership Dues.This will help expedite the process when you come to sign up for a trip.
16. WARM WELCOME: Please welcome our three new maintenance crew members, George, Heidi and Steven.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email.
Please do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association