Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|September 5, 2019||Volume 9, Number 38|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 742
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. 2019-2020 BUDGET: Was approved by the Board of Directors at the Special Meeting Wednesday August 21, 2019. The assessment for the upcoming year will be $1114.00 annually, billed semiannually at $557
2. ASSET SALE: The photographs (picture frames not included) that were previously in the Fiesta room are now available for bid until 5:00 p.m. on September 26, 2019. Bids start a $5 and can be viewed at the Village Center or online. Place your bids now before they are gone.
3. ATTENTION: If you notice something especially important during the weekend please notify the front desk so that they can contact management in particular if it’s an emergency. Examples of this include a cloudy, green pool or major irrigation leaks. Thank you for your cooperation.
4. CARPET CLEANING: The carpets will be cleaned in the Village Center Monday, September 9th starting at 10:00 a.m. They should be done by 2:00 p.m. All carpeted areas will be closed and off limits until they are dry which is the Fitness Room, Billiards, Library, Tech and Conference Room. Thank you for your cooperation.
5. CRAZY RHYTHM: Friday evenings, Sept. 6th and Sept. 20th, Sunflower musicians Paul Mowatt & Allen Fannin will be playing a selection of songs from the Big Band era in the Fiesta room. Come relax and reminisce with friends and neighbors to enjoy the sounds of live music. Time is from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 pm. (Feel free to bring your favorite beverage.)
6. EAST COAST GET TOGETHER: Friday, October 4th 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Fiesta Room. If you have ever lived in any of the East Coast states (ME to FL) please join us for some fun and food. POTLUCK – bring an appetizer and your own beverage of choice. Donation of $1 to cover the cost of paper goods would be appreciated. DEADLINE for sign up is Sept 27th Call either Jackie at 744-9311 or Carrie at 744-7101
7. ELECTION: The Election Committee will host two “Meet the Candidates” sessions on Thursday September 26th at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday Sept. 28th 9:00 a.m. Homeowners have the opportunity to submit questions for the candidates to answer during these sessions. A Question Box is on the credenza in the Village Center between now and September 24th for you to submit your questions. Complete election information can be found online.
8. FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: If you are interested in participating in the Arts & Crafts Festival November 8th & 9th, you need to get your applications in soon, we are filling up very fast! Applications are available online or at the front desk. If you have any questions call Linda Jordan 572-1705.
9. INTERSECTIONS: You may have noticed that there are bushes and cacti at intersections that have red paint on them and trees with yellow caution tape. This has been approved by the Board of Directors and work will begin this coming week. The tree work approved by the Board of Directors has started and should be completed in a week.
10. LADIES ROUND ROBIN BRIDGE: Sign up for another season. We’ll start off playing the first round together. Then it’s up to each team to make arrangements to play the one another. We start early October and finish the end of March. Contact Mary Laurie Siebert firstname.lastname@example.org to join the fun. If you have any questions call Mary Laurie 850-5719. The cost is $20 per person. Don’t have a partner, we’ll do our best to find one for you.
11. PAINTING UNCORKED: Class by Sharon Fannin. Think you can’t draw a straight line? Let the Genieout of the bottle. Come discover your inner talents in a fun & supportive environment. All supplies are included for this 4-hour class and everyone takes home a completed painting with bragging rights. Sunday, Sept 15: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Cost: $25 limit 15. Enrollment: (520) 971-7769
12. POOL REMINDER: Only valid proximity card owners and their guests (when the proximity card owner uses a guest punch card to register their guest(s) at the Village Center desk) may use the swimming pool and spa. During regular Village Center Hours all proximity card owners are required to process their cards inside of the Village Center at one of the card readers and again at the pool gate prior to entering the pool area. Any person who enables another to enter the pool area through the perimeter gate is in violation of this rule and shall be asked by a staff member to leave the pool.
13. POOL UPDATE: The pool is currently operating on chlorine only. The board will be working with the new pool company on improvements including adding salt again.
14. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: The September 19th White Stallion Ranch dinner is sold out. Call Fran Gauthier at 572-2167 to get on the wait List in the event that somebody wants to cancel.
15. TILE CLEANING: The Village Center will close on Friday, September 13th at 2:00 p.m. for tile cleaning.
16. TRAVEL CLUB: We will have a Mystery Day Trip on Monday, Nov 18th from 9:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Price of $72 includes 3 Indoor Venues with guided tours, Buffet Lunch, Transportation and Gratuities. Ticket sales start at our Oct 2nd Sales Desk. Please come to our Membership Drive on Wed, Sept 18th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. to pay your $5 dues.
17. WARM WELCOME: Please welcome our three new maintenance crew members, George, Heidi and Steven.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email
with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association