The Sunflower Communicator
|August 29, 2019||Volume 9, Number 37|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 742
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. 2019-2020 BUDGET: Was approved by the Board of Directors at the Special Meeting Wednesday August 21, 2019. The new assessment for the upcoming year will be $1114.00 annually, billed semiannually at $557.
2. ASSET SALE: The photographs (picture frames not included) that were previously in the Fiesta room are now available for bid until 5:00 p.m. on September 26, 2019. They can be viewed at the Village Center or online and bids start at $5. Place your bids now before they are gone.
3. ATTENTION: If you notice something especially important during the weekend please notify the front desk so that they can contact management in particular if it’s an emergency. Examples of this include a cloudy, green pool or major irrigation leaks. Thank you for cooperation.
4. DIRTY CAR?: The Fitness Club will again be selling Mister Car Wash passes. Passes are $6, $15, or $18. Passes can be purchased in the lobby on Tuesday's and Thursday's: Sept. 3rd , 5th, 10th, and 12th from 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
5. ELECTION: The Election Committee will host two “Meet the Candidates” sessions on Thursday September 26th at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday Sept. 28th 9:00 a.m. Homeowners have the opportunity to submit questions for the candidates to answer during these sessions. A Question Box is on the credenza in the Village Center between now and September 24th for you to submit your questions. Complete election information can be found online at https://sunflowerliving.com/archive/Sun_Catcher_Special_Edition_2019.pdf
6. EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING: Friday, August 30th at 9:00 a.m. This is a closed meeting for Board members and managment only.
7. F3 IS COMING!: Fifth Fridays Fiesta's - Cocktails at Our House!
Join us in The Fiesta Room on August 30, 2019 at 5:00 p.m., Bring your own Beverages & your own glass. Snacks will be provided ( $1 per person to cover this cost ) COME OUT and MEET Your Sunflower Neighbors!
8. FALL FESTIVAL POTLUCK: Come join us for a potluck welcoming the beginning of Autumn and hopefully cooler weather on Thursday, September 12th. Social at 5:30 p.m. and dinner at 6:00 p.m. Tickets will be sold on Thursday , September 5th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tickets will be $2 for a side dish or dessert and free for 2 if you bring a main dish.
9. FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: If you are interested in participating in the Arts & Crafts Festival November 8th & 9th, you want to get your applications in soon, we are filling up very fast! Applications available online or at front desk. If you have any questions call Linda Jordan 572-1705.
10. INTERSECTIONS: You may have noticed that there are bushes and cacti at intersections that have red paint on them and trees with yellow caution tape. This has been approved by the Board of Directors and work will begin this coming week. The tree work approved by the Board of Directors has started and should be completed in a week.
11. LADIES ROUND ROBIN BRIDGE: Sign up for another season. We’ll start off playing the first round together. Then it’s up to each team to make arrangements to play the one another. We start early October and finish the end of March. Contact Mary Laurie Siebert email@example.com to join the fun. If you have any questions call Mary Laurie 850-5719. The cost is $20 per person. Don’t have a partner, we’ll do our best to find one for you.
12. POOL REMINDER: Only valid proximity card owners and their guests (when the proximity card owner uses a guest punch card to register their guest(s) at the Village Center desk) may use the swimming pool and spa. During regular Village Center Hours all proximity card owners are required to process their cards inside of the Village Center at one of the card readers and again at the pool gate prior to entering the pool area. Any person who enables another to enter the pool area through the perimeter gate is in violation of this rule and shall be asked by a staff member to leave the pool.
13. POOL UPDATE: The salt chlorinator is NOT installed. It is on hold while we work with the new owner of Poolwerx regarding an actual commercial salt cell rather than a built-up residential system. The pool is currently chlorine only.
14. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: The September 19th White Stallion Ranch dinner is sold out. Call Fran Gauthier at 572-2167 to get on the wait List in the event that somebody wants to cancel.
15. TRAVEL CLUB: Mark your calendars for a Mystery Day Trip on November 18th. Details will be released shortly regarding the cost and when sign up starts.Nancy Hrigora is planning the trip and she will be the only one who knows where we’ll be going except the bus driver!!! Join us and be surprised.
16. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: The Village Center will be open Monday, September 2nd from 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email
with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association