The Sunflower Communicator
|August 22, 2019||Volume 9, Number 36|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 744
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. 2019-2020 BUDGET: Was approved by the Board of Directors at the Special Meeting Wednesday August 21, 2019. The assessment increase for the upcoming year will be $1114.00 annually, billed semiannually at $557
2. DIRTY CAR?: The Fitness Club will again be selling Mister Car Wash passes. Passes are $6, $15, or $18. Passes can be purchased in the lobby on Tuesday's and Thursday's: Aug. 27th, 29th, Sept. 3rd , 5th, 10th, and 12th from 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
3. ELECTION INFO: There will be three candidates on the Board of Directors election ballot. The Election Committee will host two “Meet the Candidates” sessions on Thursday September 26th at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday Sept. 28th 9:00 a.m. The three candidates will be asked to respond to questions. Homeowners have the opportunity to write up their questions by returning them to the Village Center between September 3rd and September 24th. Complete election information can be found here
4. F3 IS COMING!: Fifth Fridays Fiesta's - Cocktails at Our House!
Join us in The Fiesta Room on August 30, 2019 at 5:00 p.m., Bring your own Beverages & your own glass. Snacks will be provided ( $1 per person to cover this cost ) COME OUT and MEET Your Sunflower Neighbors!
5. FALL FESTIVAL POTLUCK: Come join us for a potluck welcoming the beginning of Autumn and hopefully cooler weather on Thursday, September 12th. Social at 5:30 p.m. and dinner at 6:00 p.m. Tickets will be sold on Thursday , September 5th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tickets will be $2 for a side dish or dessert and free for 2 if you bring a main dish.
6. FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: If you are interested in participating in the Arts & Crafts Festival November 8th & 9th, you want to get your applications in soon, we are filling up very fast! Applications available online or at front desk. If you have any questions call Linda Jordan 572-1705.
7.INTERSECTIONS: You may have noticed that there are bushes and cacti at intersections that have red paint on them and trees with yellow caution tape. They have not been vandalized. We are in the process of potentially removing some plants that are causing visual impediments at intersections. The marked trees will be trimmed or removed. Please do not remove any of the yellow caution tape from the trees. We are trying diligently stay on top of the maintenance in the Sunflower Community.
8. LADIES ROUND ROBIN BRIDGE: Sign up for another season. We’ll start off playing the first round together. Then it’s up to each team to make arrangements to play the one another. We start early October and finish the end of March. Contact Mary Laurie Siebert firstname.lastname@example.org to join the fun. If you have any questions call Mary Laurie 850-5719. The cost is $20 per person. Don’t have a partner, we’ll do our best to find one for you.
9. POOL REMINDER: Only valid proximity card owners and their guests (when the proximity card owner uses a guest punch card to register their guest(s) at the Village Center desk) may use the swimming pool and spa. During regular Village Center Hours all proximity card owners are required to process their cards inside of the Village Center at one of the card readers and again at the pool gate prior to entering the pool area. Any person who enables another to enter the pool area through the perimeter gate is in violation of this rule and shall be asked by a staff member to leave the pool.
10. POOL UPDATE: The salt chlorinator is NOT installed. It is on hold while we work with the new owner of Poolwerx regarding an actual commercial salt cell rather than a built-up residential system. The pool is currently chlorine only.
11. STUDY SESSION: Has been cancelled for Wednesday, August 28th.
12. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: The September 19th White Stallion Ranch dinner is sold out. Call Fran Gauthier at 572-2167 to get on the Wait List in the event that somebody wants to cancel.
13. SWIM WEAR ATTIRE: It has been brought to our attention that #4 of Pool & Spa Policy rules is not being followed by several residents and guests. This is a reminder that residents and guests must wear proper attire when entering the Village Center to go to the pool area. Men must have on a shirt along with shorts, pants, or short type swimsuit. Bikini brief swimsuits must be covered up. Women must have a cover up over swimsuit. Appropriate swim attire must be worn in the pool.
14. TRAVEL CLUB: Mark your calendars for a Mystery Day Trip on November 18th. Details will be released shortly regarding the cost and when sign up starts. Nancy Hrigora is planning the trip and she will be the only one who knows where we’ll be going except the bus driver!!! Join us and be surprised.
15. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: The Village Center will be open Monday, September 2nd from 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email
with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association