The Sunflower Communicator
|August 8, 2019||Volume 9, Number 34|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 748
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BOARD OF DIRECTORS CANDIDATES NEEDED: The application deadline has been EXTENDED to Monday, August 12th at 5:00 p.m. The application has been posted online (available here). Please return the completed and signed application to the Village Center or email to the Assistant Community Manager. Please email your candidate statement (250 words or less) and a photograph of yourself to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com Consider becoming a candidate, your community needs you!
2. BOARD MEETING: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
3. ASSET SALE: Are you aware that there are 4 chairs available for bidding? The start bid is only $10 and bidding closes August 23rd at 5:00 p.m. Come down to the Village center and cast your bid.
4. CRAZY RHYTHM: Paul Mowatt (Piano) and Allen Fannin (Trumpet) will be performing several songs from the Big Band era for the listening enjoyment of residents and their guests. Guests may bring their preferred beverages. The next event will be held in the Sunflower Fiesta Room, Friday August 16th from 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m
5. INTERSECTIONS: You may have noticed that there are bushes and cacti at intersections that have red paint on them and trees with yellow caution tape. They have not been vandalized. We are in the process of potentially removing some plants that are causing visual impediments at intersections. The marked trees will be trimmed or removed. Please do not remove any of the yellow caution tape from the trees. We are trying diligently stay on top of the maintenance in the Sunflower Community.
6. LADIES LUNCHEON: Tuesday the 13th at The Highlands Bar & Grill at 4949 W Heritage Club Blvd., Marana (Highlands at Dove Mt.). Arrive at 11:30 a.m. for a half hour social. Lunch will be served at noon. Lunch selections will be made from the menu and separate checks will be given. Cash versus credit cards will expedite the checkout process. Sign up at the Village Center front desk by 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 11th.
7. LOST & FOUND: Have you lost a Tumbler? A towel? Eye glasses? Clothing? Keys?This is a but a sample of what Sunflower currently has in Lost and Found. Stop by the Village Center and take a look. They will be on a table in the lobby Friday, August 9th – Tuesday, August 13th until 6:00 p.m. All items without a home will be donated.
8. PAINT – N – SIP NIGHT: Back by popular demand!!! Date: Friday, August 23rd from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available at the Village Center on August 15th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint a 16 x 20 canvas.
9. POOL REMINDER: Only valid proximity card owners and their guests (when the proximity card owner uses a guest punch card to register their guest(s) at the Village Center desk) may use the swimming pool and spa. During regular Village Center Hours all proximity card owners are required to process their cards inside of the Village Center at one of the card readers and again at the pool gate prior to entering the pool area. Any person who enables another to enter the pool area through the perimeter gate is in violation of this rule and shall be asked by a staff member to leave the pool.
10. POOL UPDATE: The salt chlorinator is NOT installed. It is on hold while we work with the new owner of Poolwerx regarding an actual commercial salt cell rather than a built-up residential system. The pool is currently chlorine only.
11. POTLLUCK: Tickets will be sold on Wednesday, August 21st from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Thursday , September 5th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tickets will be $2 for a side dish or dessert and free for 2 if you bring a main dish.
12. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER SCAM: Social Security numbers are the key element in identify theft. Unsolicited calls from someone claiming to work for the SSA are making the rounds. The Social Security Administration will NOT call you unless you have been in contact with the agency. SSA employees do not ask for social security numbers over the phone nor will they send threatening emails regarding arrest, loss of benefits or suspension of your Social Security number. Do NOT give your social security number. Hang up the phone and do not call back any numbers left on voice mail. If you get an impostor call or email, report it to SSA’s Office of the Inspector General, online or at 800-269-0271. You may also call Social Security’s customer service line at 800-772-1213 to confirm whether a communication purporting to be from SSA is real.
13. SOLICITORS: Please report solicitors in the neighborhood by calling the Marana Police non-emergency phone number 520.382.2000.
14. SWIM WEAR ATTIRE: It has been brought to our attention that #4 of Pool & Spa Policy rules is not being followed by several residents and guests. This is a reminder that residents and guests must wear proper attire when entering the Village Center to go to the pool area. Men must have on a shirt along with shorts, pants, or short type swimsuit. Bikini brief swimsuits must be covered up. Women must have a cover up over swimsuit. Appropriate swim attire must be worn in the pool.
15. TRAVEL CLUB: The March 2020 San Diego trip is sold out! We will accept additional payments at our August 21st Sales Desk for residents with confirmed reservations. We will also take Wait List requests on a First Come / First Served basis.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email
with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association