The Sunflower Communicator
|August 1, 2019||Volume 9, Number 33|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 750
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. BOARD OF DIRECTORS CANDIDATES NEEDED: The application deadline has been EXTENDED to Monday, August 12th at 5:00 p.m. The application has been posted online (available here).Please return the completed and signed application to the Village Center or email to the Assistant Community Manager. Please email your candidate statement (250 words or less) and a photograph of yourself to Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com Consider becoming a candidate, your community needs you!
2. BUDGET MEETING: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. To present the UANAPPROVED BUDGET for 2020.
3. ICS GIFTS OF LOVE SCHOOL SUPPLIES UPDATE: Thank you to all who donated to the backpack and school supplies drive for Interfaith Community Services. With your help they were able to distribute over 500 backpacks filled with school goodies.
4. INTERSECTIONS: You may have noticed that there are bushes and cacti at intersections that have red paint on them and trees with yellow caution tape. They have not been vandalized. We are in the process of potentially removing some plants that are causing visual impediments at intersections. The marked trees will be trimmed or removed. Please do not remove any of the yellow caution tape from the trees. We are trying diligently stay on top of the maintenance in the Sunflower Community.
5. LADIES LUNCHEON: Tuesday the 13th at The Highlands Bar & Grill at 4949 W Heritage Club Blvd., Marana (Highlands at Dove Mt.). Arrive at 11:30 a.m. for a half hour social. Lunch will be served at noon. Lunch selections will be made from the menu and separate checks will be given. Cash versus credit cards will expedite the checkout process. Sign up at the Village Center front desk by 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 11th.
6. PAINT – N – SIP NIGHT: Back by popular demand!!! Date: Friday, August 23rd from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available at the Village Center on August 5th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and August 15th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint a 16 x 20 canvas.
7. PROXIMITY CARDS: Please make sure you have your proximity card when visiting the Village Center. Residents are required to scan for all events this includes but is not limited to activity events, board meetings, billiards, bocce ball, card play, club/committee meetings, crafting, fitness classes/room, karaoke, pool, quilting, racquet ball sports, tech club, etc.
8. RATTLESNAKE REMOVAL: Need a rattlesnake removed? Call, Town of Marana – Animal Services at 520.382.8020.
9. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER SCAM: Social Security numbers are the key element in identify theft. Unsolicited calls from someone claiming to work for the SSA are making the rounds. The Social Security Administration will NOT call you unless you have been in contact with the agency. SSA employees do not ask for social security numbers over the phone nor will they send threatening emails regarding arrest, loss of benefits or suspension of your Social Security number. Do NOT give your social security number. Hang up the phone and do not call back any numbers left on voice mail. If you get an impostor call or email, report it to SSA’s Office of the Inspector General, online or at 800-269-0271. You may also call Social Security’s customer service line at 800-772-1213 to confirm whether a communication purporting to be from SSA is real.
10. SOLICITORS: Please report solicitors in the neighborhood by calling the Marana Police non-emergency phone number 520.382.2000.
11. SPORTS COURTS: Please pay attention to the hours of play. Hours are posted.
12. STOP SIGNS: Please come to a full and complete stop at all stop signs.
13. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: Our final sales dates for August 17th’s surprise event will be Monday, August 5th from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. and Thursday
14. 2019 FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: The 19th Annual Fine Arts & Crafts Festival is scheduled this year on November 8th and 9th. Applications are available at the front desk and also online at www.sunflowerliving.com. Get your application in early to secure your favorite spot. We are encouraging any new artists and crafters to join us this year. It's really a lot fun! If you have any questions, call Linda Jordan, Committee Chair at 572-1705.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email
with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association