The Sunflower Communicator
|July 18, 2019||Volume 9, Number 31|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 748
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Friday, July 19, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. in the Fiesta Room. This should be a very short meeting to select and approve the members of the Sunflower Strategic Task Force.
2. BOD APPLICATIONS: Thinking about running for a position on the Sunflower Board of Directors this November? A candidate’s application form has been posted on the Sunflowerliving Web Site (available here). The form can be filled out and printed from your computer. If your web browser does not support fillable forms, you can download it and use a PDF application such as Adobe Reader®. The completed and signed form along with a photograph of yourself must be received by the Assistant Community Manager no later than 5:00 p.m. August 2, 2019.
3. 2019 FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: The 19th Annual Fine Arts & Crafts Festival is schedule this year on November 8th and 9th. Applications are available at the front desk and also online at www.sunflowerliving.com.
Get your application in early to secure your favorite spot. We are encouraging any new artists and crafters to join us this year. It's really a lot fun! If you have any questions, call Linda Jordan, Committee Chair at 572-1705.
4. EAST COAST GET TOGETHER: Friday Oct 4, 2019 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. If you have ever lived in any of the East Coast states (ME to FL) please join us for some fun and food. Pot luck – bring an appetizer. BYOB. Donation of $1 to cover the cost of paper goods would be appreciated. RSVP to either Carrie 744-7101 or Jackie 744-9311
5. NORTHWEST EMERGENCY CENTER MARANA: Located across from the Tucson Premium Outlets at 6350 Marana Center Blvd., is now open. As a full service emergency department, care is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
6. PACC DONATIONS: A collection box has been placed in the Village Center to assist in collecting donations for Pima Animal Care Center (PACC) and Friends of PACC. PACC has an immediate need for donations of bath and beach towels. Donations will be taken in until the end of the month. More information is posted with the collection box.
7. PAINT – N – SIP NIGHT: Back by popular demand!!! Date: Friday, August 23rd from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available at the Village Center on August 5th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and August 15th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint a 16 x 20 canvas.
8. PAINTING UNCORKED: Art Class by Sharon Fannin. Think you can’t draw a straight line? Let the Genie out of the bottle. Come discover your inner talents in a fun & supportive environment. All supplies are included in this 4-hour class. Everyone takes home a completed painting with bragging rights. Bring an old shirt or apron and your choice of beverage. Sunflower Craft Room; Sunday, July 21; 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Cost: $25. Enrollment: (520) 971-7769
9. PROXIMITY CARDS: Please make sure you have your proximity card when visiting the Village Center. Residents are required to scan for all events this includes but is not limited to activity events, board meetings, billiards, bocce ball, card play, club/committee meetings, crafting, fitness classes/room, karaoke, pool, quilting, racquet ball sports, tech club, etc.
10. SPORTS COURTS: Please pay attention to the hours of play. Hours are posted.
11. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: For those attending our Ice Cream Social on the 20th: Please note that it will start at 6:00 p.m. this month. We will start selling tickets for our August 17th event at the social. Please bring $7 if you would like to buy a ticket.
12. TAKE CAUTION: An attempted home burglary took place at Sunflower. Please be vigilant. Make sure all doors and windows are locked when you leave your home and go to bed. Keep your garage door closed. Sliding glass doors are vulnerable consider installing a sliding door lock or dowel. Lock fences. Make sure trees and shrubs are trimmed so that they can’t be used as hiding places for intruders. Have adequate lighting and close your blinds to avoid advertising your valuables. Avoid hiding spare keys. Don’t advertise on social media that you will be out of town. Get to know your neighbor and make your home looks lived in. Break-ins are often crimes of opportunity don’t give a burglar an opportunity to take advantage of you.
13. TRAVEL CLUB: The San Diego trip is sold out!! If you want to be put on the wait list call Suzanne Short (619-549-3300) or Tim Murphy (520-780-2214). If no answer leave your name/names for the room, phone number and email address. Names will be added to the list in the order in which they receive your call.
14. TUCSON MUSEUM OF ART: Are you interested in a trip to the Tucson Museum of Art? If so meet up at the parking lot near the bocce courts at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 25th. We will carpool and caravan to the Museum together. If the group is 10 or more the fee is usually reduced by $2 making the cost: $10 adults, $8 seniors. Admission for veterans is free. Hope to see you there.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association