The Sunflower Communicator
|July 12, 2019||Volume 9, Number 30|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 747
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. 2019 FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: The 19th Annual Fine Arts & Crafts Festival is schedule this year on November 8th and 9th. Applications are available at the front desk and also online at www.sunflowerliving.com.
Get your application in early to secure your favorite spot. We are encouraging any new artists and crafters to join us the year. It's really a lot fun! If you have any questions, call Linda Jordan, Committee Chair at 572-1705.
2. EAST COAST GET TOGETHER: Friday OCT 4, 2019 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. If you have ever lived in any of the East Coast states (ME to FL) please join us for some fun and food. Pot luck Ė bring an appetizer. BYOB. Donation of $1 to cover the cost of paper goods would be appreciated. RSVP to either Carrie 744-7101 or Jackie 744-9311
3. LISTEN TO LIVE TV USING YOUR SMARTPHONE: With Tunity, you can tune-in wherever you go! TUNITY is a FREE app that allows you to hear any muted, live TVís audio directly on your mobile device. Simply scan the TV, let Tunity locate the channel and stream the audio through your headphones. Use it in the fitness room, while lounging at the pool or at home. Tunity doesnít have access to every channel that exists but you will get most of the major ones such as, A&E, AMC, CNN, ESPN, TBS, and TNT.
4. NORTHWEST EMERGENCY CENTER MARANA: Located across from the Tucson Premium Outlets at 6350 Marana Center Blvd., is now open. As a full service emergency department, care is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
5. OLDIES KARAOKE: Fun Karaoke, including Al on trumpet plus favorite Singalongs on Tuesday, July 16th at 6:30pm.
6. PACC DONATIONS: A collection box has been placed in the Village Center to assist in collecting donations for Pima Animal Care Center (PACC) and Friends of PACC. PACC has an immediate need for donations of bath and beach towels. Donations will be taken in until the end of the month. More information is posted with the collection box.
7. PAINTING UNCORKED: Art Class by Sharon Fannin. Think you canít draw a straight line? Let the Genie out of the bottle. Come discover your inner talents in a fun & supportive environment. All supplies are included in this 4-hour class. Everyone takes home a completed painting with bragging rights. Bring an old shirt or apron and your choice of beverage. Sunflower Craft Room; Sunday, July 21; 12:00 p.m. Ė 4:00 p.m. Cost: $25. Enrollment: (520) 971-7769
8. PET SAFETY: Itís HOT outside. Please leave your fury friends at home. The temperature in a vehicle can climb from 95į to 114į within 10 minutes and 95į to 120 įwithin 30 minutes.
When taking your fury friend out for a walk use the 5 second rule. Place the back of your hand on the pavement. If you cannot hold it for five seconds, itís too hot to walk your dog.
Arizona State law prohibits leaving animals unattended and confined in a motor vehicle when physical injury to or death of the animal is likely to result
9. PROXIMITY CARDS: Please make sure you have your proximity card when visiting the Village Center. Residents are required to scan for all events this includes but is not limited to activity events, board meetings, billiards, bocce ball, card play, club/committee meetings, crafting, fitness classes/room, karaoke, pool, quilting, racquet ball sports, tech club, etc.
10. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: For those attending our Ice Cream Social on the 20th: Please note that it will start at 6:00 p.m. this month. We will start selling tickets for our August 17th event at the social. Please bring $7 if you would like to buy a ticket.
11. TAKE CAUTION: An attempted home burglary took place at Sunflower. Please be vigilant. Make sure all doors and windows are locked when you leave your home and go to bed. Keep you garage door closed. Sliding glass doors are vulnerable consider installing a sliding door lock or dowel. Lock fences. Make sure trees and shrubs are trimmed so that they canít be used as hiding places for intruders. Have adequate lighting and close your blinds to avoid advertising your valuables. Avoid hiding spare keys. Donít advertise on social media that you will be out of town. Get to know your neighbor and make your home looks lived in. Break-ins are often crimes of opportunity donít give a burglar an opportunity to take advantage of you.
12. THERE IS NO POOP FAIRY: Picking up your dogís waste isnít just a common courtesy, itís a health imperative. Picking up after your dog helps reduce the likelihood of its fecal bacteria ending up in an increasingly contaminated water supply. Considering dog feces are common carriers of nasty things like heartworms, whipworms, hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, parvovirus, giardia, salmonella, and E. coli, itís pretty important to pick up after your dog.
13. TRAVEL CLUB: Sales Desk are Wednesday, July 17th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. We will be selling tickets for our March 24th -27th San Diego trip. $250 deposit per room is required. Sales will start for the December 14th Christmas show at Barleenís Dinner Theatre in Apache Junction. Price is $68. Check the Sun Catcher for details, it can be found online at Sunflower Living/Sunflower News. $5 membership dues required.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association