The Sunflower Communicator
|July 03, 2019||Volume 9, Number 29|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 746
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES: Will be closed on Thursday, July 4th. Have a safe and fun holiday.
2. ASSET SALE: Started June 22nd and runs through July 22nd. Stop by the Village Center to cast your bid.
3. LADIES LUNCH: Wednesday, July 10th at the Gallery Restaurant on Dove Mt. Drive. The Gallery is not usually open to the public but is welcoming Sunflower ladies to enjoy the wonderful food and views. Social hour is at 11:30 a.m. with lunch at 12:00 p.m. Separate checks so cash is always a help at check out. Sign up at front desk by Monday, July 8th for a reservation. Hostess is Barbara McCauley 572-4310.
4. LISTEN TO LIVE TV USING YOUR SMARTPHONE: With Tunity, you can tune-in wherever you go! TUNITY is a FREE app that allows you to hear any muted, live TV’s audio directly on your mobile device. Simply scan the TV, let Tunity locate the channel and stream the audio through your headphones. Use it in the fitness room, while lounging at the pool or at home. Tunity doesn’t have access to every channel that exists but you will get most of the major ones such as, A&E, AMC, CNN, ESPN, TBS, and TNT.
5. PACC DONATIONS: A collection box has been placed in the Village Center to assist in collecting donations for Pima Animal Care Center (PACC) and Friends of PACC. PACC has an immediate need for donations of bath and beach towels. More information is posted with the collection box.
6. PAINTING UNCORKED: Art Class by Sharon Fannin. Think you can’t draw a straight line? Let the Genie out of the bottle. Come discover your inner talents in a fun & supportive environment. All supplies are included in this 4-hour class. Everyone takes home a completed painting with bragging rights. Bring an old shirt or apron and your choice of beverage. Sunflower Craft Room; Sunday, July 21; 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Cost: $25. Enrollment: (520) 971-7769
7. PROXIMITY CARDS: Please make sure you have your proximity card when visiting the Village Center. Residents are required to scan for all events this includes but is not limited to activity events, board meetings, billiards, bocce ball, card play, club/committee meetings, crafting, fitness classes/room, karaoke, pool, quilting, racquet ball sports, tech club, etc.
8. STRATEGIC COMMUNITY TASK FORCE: Applications are due July 5th by 4:00 p.m.
9. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: The last ticket sales for our July 20th “Ice Cream Social” will be on July 9th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The price is $5. After the 9th please call Vicki Keener @ 520-268-9991 to see if any tickets are available.
10. TRAVEL CLUB: We have another trip finalized for this coming season. We will be going to a Christmas show on December 14th at Barleen’s Dinner Theatre in Apache Junction. The tickets are $68 and include bus transportation, meal, show and gratuities. You will find more details in July’s Sun Catcher.
11. UPCOMING BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION: There are 253 Sunflower home owners who do not have an official e-mail with the Sunflower Community Association. Are you one of them? You may receive a phone call from the Front Desk to add an e-mail address to your official Sunflower Community Association account. This will be the e-mail address used to send you the link to vote electronically for the Sunflower Board of Directors.
12. VILLAGE CENTER HOLIDAY HOURS: The Village Center will be open Thursday, July 4th from 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association