The Sunflower Communicator
|June 21, 2019||Volume 9, Number 27|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 763
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Has a suggestion box in the Center. If you have an idea or a program you would like to have us check out, please fill out a form and include your name.
Anyone interested in joining the Activities Committee is welcome to join us at our next meeting, Wednesday, June 19th, 10:30 am.
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has generously donated. You've helped to give kids a great start to the new school year
2. ASSET SALE: Starts June 22nd and runs through July 22nd. Stop by the Village Center to cast your bid.
3. COMING SOON! SSCTF!: Want to make Sunflower blossom? Do Good for the community without a 2 year commitment? Be the Change you want to see in Sunflower? Sunflower’s Strategic Community Task Force is the answer! Watch for more information in next week’s Communicator on where to get your application. More info? Call April Naversen 520 989 0097
4. PET SAFETY: It’s getting hot outside. Please leave your fury friends at home. The temperature in a vehicle can climb from 95° to 114° within 10 minutes and 95° to 120 °within 30 minutes.
When taking your fury friend out for a walk use the 5 second rule. Place the back of your hand on the pavement. If you cannot hold it for five seconds, it’s too hot to walk your dog.
Arizona State law prohibits leaving animals unattended and confined in a motor vehicle when physical injury to or death of the animal is likely to result.
5. POOL NOTICE: The board has approved the leasing of a salt cell. The pool will return to salt water within 6 to 8 weeks for now is still chlorine. Sorry for the inconvenience.
6. POOL PARTY: Save the Date: Saturday, June 22 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy the summer evening out by the pool enjoying music by DJ Marty Rice. Please bring unbreakable containers for your food and beverage.
7. RED, WHITE AND BLUE POTLUCK: Ticket Sales will be on Monday June 26th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Sunday, July 1st from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for our July 11th Potluck. We will be serving favorite picnic dishes! $2.00 per ticket with a side dish or 2 Free tickets with a main dish to feed 12. Come join us!
8. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: Tickets will be on sale on Thursday, June 27th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 P.M. for our July 20th “Ice Cream Social”. The price is $5.
9. THERE IS NO POOP FAIRY: Picking up your dog’s waste isn’t just a common courtesy, it’s a health imperative. Picking up after your dog helps reduce the likelihood of its fecal bacteria ending up in an increasingly contaminated water supply. Considering dog feces are common carriers of nasty things like heartworms, whipworms, hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, parvovirus, giardia, salmonella, and E. coli, it’s pretty important to pick up after your dog.
10. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: Will now be played the second Sunday of each month in the Fiesta Room. The next time we play will be July 14th from one to three. Hope to see you there.
11. UPCOMING BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION: There are 253 Sunflower home owners who do not have an official e-mail with the Sunflower Community Association. Are you one of them? You may receive a phone call from the Front Desk to add an e-mail address to your official Sunflower Community Association account. This will be the e-mail address used to send you the link to vote electronically for the Sunflower Board of Directors.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association