Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web.
The Sunflower Communicator
|June 13, 2019||Volume 9, Number 26|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 762
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Has a suggestion box in the Center. If you have an idea or a program you would like to have us check out, please fill out a form and include your name.
Anyone interested in joining the Activities Committee is welcome to join us at our next meeting, Wednesday, June 19th, 10:30 am.
2. BOARD STUDY SESSION: For the Month of June has been cancelled.
3. GIFTS OF LOVE DRIVE: Interfaith Community Services Drive collects backpacks and school supplies to help support local school children. There are only a few days left. The donation box is at the center until June 15th. If you have any questions, would like to donate supplies and need them picked up contact Barbara Taylor at 520-273-6703.
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has generously donated. You've helped to give kids a great start to the new school year.
4. OLDIES KARAOKE: Fun Karaoke, including Al on trumpet plus favorite Singalongs on Tuesday @ 6:30 p.m.
5. PET SAFETY: It’s getting hot outside. Please leave your fury friends at home. The temperature in a vehicle can climb from 95° to 114° within 10 minutes and 95° to 120 °within 30 minutes.
When taking your fury friend out for a walk use the 5 second rule. Place the back of your hand on the pavement. If you cannot hold it for five seconds, it’s too hot to walk your dog.
Arizona State law prohibits leaving animals unattended and confined in a motor vehicle when physical injury to or death of the animal is likely to result.
6. PHOTOGRAPHY BUFFS!: It’s been a year since the framed photographs were first displayed in the Fiesta Room. It’s time for new photographs and a new theme. This year, we are looking for your best photos of “Arizona Desert Flowers”. This is open to all Sunflower residents. Please submit your digital photographs for consideration to Christine@Christine-ed.com (make sure they are in a 4” x 6” or 6” x 4” format with a minimum resolution of 3 MB). Photos need to be submitted by June 15th. Call Christine 520-668-5037 with any questions.
7. POOL NOTICE: The board has approved the leasing of a salt cell. The pool will return to salt water within 6 to 8 weeks for now is still chlorine. Sorry for the inconvenience.
8. POOL PARTY: Save the Date: Saturday, June 22 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy the summer evening out by the pool enjoying music by DJ Marti Rice. Please bring unbreakable containers for your food and beverage.
9. RED, WHITE AND BLUE POTLUCK: Ticket Sales will be on Monday June 26th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Sunday, July 1st from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for our July 11th Potluck. We will be serving favorite picnic dishes! $2.00 per ticket with a side dish or 2 Free tickets with a main dish to feed 12. Come join us!
10. ROOFING PROJECT: Has been completed. Thank you for your patience.
11. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: At this Saturday's, "Pizza Night", we willl start selling tickets for the July 20th Ice Cream Social. Tickets are $5.
12. THERE IS NO POOP FAIRY: Picking up your dog’s waste isn’t just a common courtesy, it’s a health imperative. Picking up after your dog helps reduce the likelihood of its fecal bacteria ending up in an increasingly contaminated water supply. Considering dog feces are common carriers of nasty things like heartworms, whipworms, hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, parvovirus, giardia, salmonella, and E. coli, it’s pretty important to pick up after your dog.
13. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: Will now be played the second Sunday of each month in the Fiesta Room. The next time we play will be July 14th from one to three. Hope to see you there.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association