The Sunflower Communicator
|June 6, 2019||Volume 9, Number 25|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 763
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Has a suggestion box in the Center. If you have an idea or a program you would like to have us check out, please fill out a form and include your name.
Anyone interested in joining the Activities Committee is welcome to join us at our next meeting, Wednesday, June 19th, 10:30 am.
2. BOARD MEETING: Wednesday, June 12th at 10:00 a.m.
3. BOARD STUDY SESSION: For the Month of June has been cancelled.
4. GIFTS OF LOVE DRIVE: Interfaith Community Services is collecting backpacks and school supplies to help support local school children. Please consider donating so that they get a great start to next year’s school year. The donation box will be available at the center from May 25th - June 15th. If you have any questions or would like to donate supplies and need them picked up contact Barbara Taylor at 520-273-6703.
5. LADIES LUNCHEON: Our lunch this month is on TUESDAY, June 11th, not on our usual Wednesday. It will be at North Italia, 2995 E Skyline Dr in La Encantada. Social time at 11:30 a.m. and lunch at 12:00 p.m.. We are limited to 35, please sign up by noon on Friday, June 7th.
6. PET SAFETY: It’s getting hot outside. Please leave your fury friends at home. The temperature in a vehicle can climb from 95° to 114° within 10 minutes and 95° to 120 °within 30 minutes.
When taking your fury friend out for a walk use the 5 second rule. Place the back of your hand on the pavement. If you cannot hold it for five seconds, it’s too hot to walk your dog.
Arizona State law prohibits leaving animals unattended and confined in a motor vehicle when physical injury to or death of the animal is likely to result.
7. PHOTOGRAPHY BUFFS!: It’s been a year since the framed photographs were first displayed in the Fiesta Room. It’s time for new photographs and a new theme. This year, we are looking for your best photos of “Arizona Desert Flowers”. This is open to all Sunflower residents. Please submit your digital photographs for consideration to Christine@Christine-ed.com (make sure they are in a 4” x 6” or 6” x 4” format with a minimum resolution of 3 MB). Photos need to be submitted by June 15th. Call Christine 520-668-5037 with any questions.
8. POOL NOTICE: The board has approved the leasing of a salt cell. The pool will return to salt water within 6 to 8 weeks for now is still chlorine. Sorry for the inconvenience.
9. POOL PARTY: Save the Date: Saturday, June 22 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy the summer evening out by the pool enjoying music by DJ Marti Rice. Please bring unbreakable containers for your food and beverage.
10. PROPOSAL: Terry Boren has created a Long Range Water Irrigation & Landscaping Plan for Reducing Costs. It is at the Village Center for those who are interested. Please do not remove from the center.
11. ROOFING PROJECT: Is underway and should be completed next week. Please use caution in construction zones.
12. SUN CATCHER ERROR: The Board Candidates Needs for the November Board Election (page 8) article in the June Sun Catcher states the Board Meeting takes place on June 10th. The date is incorrect, the Board Meeting will be held on June 12th.
13. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: Ticket Sales will be on Monday June 3rd from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Thursday, June 6th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for our June 15th Pizza and Game night. We will be serving Pizza followed by a variety of board games with prizes. Tickets are $10. Call Fran Gauthier @ 572-2167 with questions
14. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: Will now be played the second Sunday of each month in the Fiesta Room. The next time we play will be July 7th from one to three. Hope to see you there.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association