The Sunflower Communicator
|May 30, 2019||Volume 9, Number 24|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 763
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Needs to fill 2 parts for the November 15th, Murder Mystery Play. There were two cancellations and the parts for one woman and one man is needed. Please call Karen, ASAP at 586-292-6177.
2. GIFTS OF LOVE DRIVE: Interfaith Community Services is collecting backpacks and school supplies to help support local school children. Please consider donating so that they get a great start to next year’s school year. The donation box will be available at the center from May 25th - June 15th. If you have any questions or would like to donate supplies and need them picked up contact Barbara Taylor at 520-273-6703.
3. ROOFING PROJECT: Is underway. Please use caution in construction zones.
4. POOL NOTICE: Due to unforeseen circumstances the pool is currently chlorine only. Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have a resolution soon.
5. POOL PARTY: Save the Date: Saturday, June 22 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy the summer evening out by the pool enjoying music by DJ Marti Rice. Please bring unbreakable containers for your food and beverage.
6. PROPOSAL: Terry Boren has created a Long Range Water Irrigation & Landscaping Plan for Reducing Costs. It is at the Village Center for those who are interested. Please do not remove from the center.
7. SCHOOLS OUT JUNE POTLUCK: Ticket sales Friday, May 31st
1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. $2.00 per ticket if bringing a side dish, no charge if bringing a Main dish.
8. SPECIAL BOARD MEETING: Monday, June 3rd at 10:00 a.m. to move forward with the installation and agreement of the new salt cell for the pool. This is the ONLY item that will be discussed.
9. SUN CATCHER: We continue to have printer issues and the Sun Catcher is delayed. We should have the June issue by Saturday June 1st. You may view an electronic copy online at: https://sunflowerliving.com/archive/001_monthly_suncatcher.pdf
10. SUN CATCHER ERROR: The Board Candidates Needs for the November Board Election (page 8) article in the June Sun Catcher states the Board Meeting takes place on June 10th. The date is incorrect, the Board Meeting will be held on June 12th.
11. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: Ticket Sales will be on Monday June 3rd from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Thursday, June 6th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for our June 15th Pizza and Game night. We will be serving Pizza followed by a variety of board games with prizes. Tickets are $10. Call Fran Gauthier @ 572-2167 with questions
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association