The Sunflower Communicator
|May 16, 2019||Volume 9, Number 22|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 796
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
2. FUN KARAOKE: Tuesday, May 21st at 6:30 p.m. Al on trumpet plus favorite Singalongs.
3. GUEST VISITORS: Must be accompanied by homeowners with valid proximity cards. A guest punch card must be presented at the Village Center and the guest must sign in. There is a limit of five guests per residence per use. Excess of 5 guests will not be allowed. All guests are expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct and Rules and Regulations. The negative actions of guests and/or homeowners can result in the loss of privileges to the Village Center.
4. MEMORIAL DAY HOURS: Monday, May 27th the Village Center will be open from 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
5. POOL NOTICE: Due to unforeseen circumstances the pool is currently chlorine only. Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have a resolution soon.
6. POOL & SPA RULES: Have been updated. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with them. They can be found here: https://sunflowerliving.com/monthly/2009/Assoc_Policy_Manual/06.07-Spa%26PoolRules_05_08_2019.pdf
7. ROMEO SCHEDULE: The dates and restaurants for the 2019 breakfasts and lunches are on the bulletin board outside the Fitness Room. Check each month's Sun Catcher for car pool times. Sign up by noon on the day prior to the outing, show up and enjoy good food and interesting conversation. No dues to be a ROMEO (Retired Old Men Eating Out). We get separate checks. All restaurants are pre-tasted to assure good eating.
8. SCHOOLS OUT JUNE POTLUCK: Ticket sales are Wednesday, May 29th 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Friday, May 31st 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. $2.00 per ticket if bringing a side dish, no charge if bringing a Main dish.
9. STRATEGIC PLANNING MEETING: May 23rd from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Board members will be in attendance so quorum will be met.
10. STUDY SESSION: Wednesday, May 22nd at 10:00 a.m.
11. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: We will start selling tickets for our June 15th Pizza Night at this Saturday’s Pot Luck. We will be serving pizza followed by an evening of games. Tickets are $10.
12. SUNFLOWER VILLAGE CENTER USERS: Please be courteous of one another. We are seeing groups interrupting other groups in an attempt to set up their event earlier than their scheduled time. If the room is occupied by others do not enter the room. On the same note please do not extend the stay in your room if an event is scheduled following yours. Staff needs time to set up the next event.
13. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: There will be no Trivial Pursuit on Sunday May 12th due to Mother's Day or May 26th because of Memorial Day. We will meet on May 19th at 1:00 p.m. in the Library.
14. WILLCOX WINE FESTIVAL: Is cancelled for May 19th due to a lack of interest.
Articles for the Communicator should be sent to:
Ann.Marie@fsresidential.com by Thursday 10:00 a.m.
Please submit your article of 75 characters or fewer via email with an MSWord attachment, do not send a pdf attachment.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association